Act Two - The Badlands
Act 2 - How can I get the PatCom ship?
Act 2 - Where can I find the pilots?
- Trouble At the Ranch: Once the mission has been completed you will need to travel to the Eureka System Administration and talk to the Third Way Elder - Upon docking to the station, select the second dialogue option twice and the Third Way will pledge pilots to the cause
- Meet The Oman: Once this mission is complete, you need to head to Daru-el-Salam, the Oman Headquarters around the planet Jahim. Upon docking to the station, you can just ask for pilots and the Oman will help
- High Noon: Once this mission is complete, you need to head to Sheriff Kane's station - the Firefrost System Administration that is around the planet Sunflower, a moon off Gefjon, which is around the Sun Firefrost III. Upon docking, you can request pilots
Act 2 - Mission 1 - Picking up the Pieces
Act 2 - Mission 2 - Meet the Oman
Key: AP - Apes WE - Weasels GO - Goats CO - Cows YA - Yaks
Q. Meet the Oman: CUNNING
The other option which is harder is to use the asteroids as protection, if you play it right; a) the Gunstars won't see you and b) the asteroids will protect you. The downside to this is time. Also, if you can, arm yourself with disruptor missiles to confuse the Gunstars.
Wait to do this series of tests until you have the ship's self defence program, which you should get early on if you play your cards right.
What happens is a brutal display of just how powerful your ship can be, and how bad the autopilot is at fireing weapons, although with turretfighters loaded with rockets for the cunning trial, they make really short work of the gunstars. and its amazing how fast they dust off the hunter seeker mines, long before you can even get close to the starting point (rapidfire PBC's range is outside that of the starting waypoint).
Reason being is this. The way the AI is set up, as soon as a target is hit by a target with more of a potential for destroying it, it changes its primary target. The way the self defence program works, is whenever you switch to a REM ship, it defends it automatically. Release an REM fighter, and two turret fights, and you suddenly have yourself a nice little fighting force.
So, by adding those two components together you have a sparkelingly easy ride. all you have to do is fly from point A to B. piece a cake. The ship will blow the gunstars out of the water in the same succession that you move down teh field, and i rarely took many hits. I had more trouble getting from A to B inside the timeframe.
By doing this the only gunstar that ever was able to land a hit on me was the very last.
The downside to this is that when the gunstars are destroyed the asteroids are pushed away, so you can no longer use them to turn off the gunstars. The upside to this though, is that its a lot easier to fly from A to B.
Q. Meet the Oman: COURAGE
- DONT go to the start waypoint!
- Dock with the pod... easy because the mine are not activated yet.
- Fly to the start waypoint and be congratulated for your courage.
- Allow yourself a cunning chuckle he he.
Act 2 - Mission 3 - Trouble at the Ranch
Act 2 - Mission 4 High Noon
Act 2 - Mission 5 - Blockade Runner
You'll get one hell of a reception, but that's all down to your fighting skills.
A2. [by Krunk]The problem is that the autopilot thinks it is quicker to get to toadskin via the L-Point you mentioned, rather than any other route. It doesn`t realise that going there causes mission failure. Heres the solution...
Take off and engage the autopilot for the waypoint you have been given. When you get to the first L-Point along the way, take a look at the jump destination which scrolls by in the text area at the bottom left of the screen. Take a look where that jump would put you. If its taking you along part of the correct route to toadskin, all is well. Let the autopilot do its thing. If its taking you along the path to the wrong L-Point, disengage the autopilot.
Go to the starmap and select the L-Point you are near to. Select the "Jump Destination" option and cycle through the destinations until you get one on the path to Toadskin. Press enter to select that jump destination. You should have the capsule jump icon to the right of your reticle by now, with the destination you selected printed next to it. Fly through the L-Point to do a manual capsule jump.
Now you can fire up the autopilot again. Just keep monitoring it along the way to check that it isn`t taking you in the wrong direction, and correct it if you need to. Usually, after one or two manual jumps it gets the correct route, because after you`ve been following the route for a while it becomes the quickest way to Toadskin anyway.
Act 2 - Mission 7 - The Exile
Act 2 - Mission 8 Corporate Holdings
Act 2 - Mission 9 - Bloodhound
Act 2 - Mission 10 - Grassy Knoll
Act 2 - Mission 11 - Unification
Act 2 - Mission 12 - Hunter or Hunted
Act 2 - Mission 13 - The Kong Fracture
Act 2 - Mission 18 - Momma Wolf
Act 2 - Mission 20 - Battle of Mwari
Act 2 - Mission 22 - Wolf's Lair
Act 2 - Mission 23 - Suicide Run
Act 2 - Mission 24 - Hide and Seek
Good plan except you need a flitter. Therefore you now need to find a shipyard with some flitters lying around. If you search the other waypoints, you will come across the shipyard. Some flitters are parked nearby although far enough away from other activity that you can approach and steal one without anyone coming over to investigate. Before you can do this Smith & Clay have to "notice" these flitters (with the "trigger" conversation or else the flitter theft won't work). After you get the flitter and tow it back to the Marauder HQ, you have to remote pilot it to the antenna array. I found the best thing to do was to wait for the corvettes and interceptors to jump out and then waste the remaining maintenance flitters with long range missiles I had fitted to my comsec.
Then you don't have to waste time "timing it right." It's going to take a VERY long time for the flitter to move the antenna over to the comsec anyway without worrying about the alarm being raised.
Dock the antenna and move it to the L-point. once there, Smith will inform you that he still doesn't have enough power to transmit the signal. A field generator would do the trick, and if you scouted all the waypoints then you will have chanced upon the supply depot already.
That's good because you're going back there. The mission here is to indentify the pods holding the field generators.
You want to dock with a pod containing the field generators without the 'pod inspectors' catching you. After you dock, a field generator will be loaded onboard your ship. Undock, and get the hell out of there.
Go back to the antenna array at the Faust Alpha L-point (as it is now known) and as soon as you are in range, Smith will transmit the signal. The rescue ship will show up and mission complete.
In each sub-mission the conversation cutscenes have to run. IF they don't the flags won't be set, and nothing will happen when you take the actions that would complete the objectives
Act 2 - Mission 25 - Dante's Inferno
3 pulse-acc pbc
1 mining beam
2 neutron pbcs
1 pack of disruptors
2 packs of S-R LDSi (I only use missiles i can build)
- Goto meeting waypt, get wingmen tell them to guard you and turn your active sensors and signal disruptor on, fly to maraduer HQ.
- At the marader HQ - cut off autopilot when LDS is shutoff. fly real close to the station and use your wingmen to guard you. Turn aim assist off and use the pulse-acc pbc against the gunstars. they should be taken care of in no time. Clean up and get away from the station when it blows. Wait for wingmen to autorepair (if needed). Fly to the depot
- I never had problems with the medusa being destroyed in LDS.. it may be me.. Tell the wingmen to guard the destroyer and just keep going after the maraduers. Kill some cargo pods with the mining beam once in a while. Make sure that your wingmen don't keep protecting the medusa after the station is destroyed, they will follow it into LDS. This was the easiest for me. After this objective is completed, wait for repair and goto the shipyard.
- When you reach the shipyard head for the cruiser and select the mining beam, have your wingmen guard you, set all power to weapons, and blast away at the connectors. They should be destroyed when the beam energy approaches 0%. Once the cruiser is freed, pop an LDSi in it's arse and use the neutrons on it. It goes boom at the same time as the station does. Head back to the rendezvous point.
- When the cutscene ends, switch power to engines and get behind the carrier and disrupt it. Tell all wingmen to attack it and rebalance power. You could also disrupt a cruiser to make your job easier. Maraduer/Maas fleet goes boom you are hero.
Act Three - Edge of Chaos
Act 3 - Mission 1 - Corporates on the Run
Act 3 - Mission 2 - Clash of the Titans
Act 3 - Mission 3 - Scavenger
Act 3 - Mission 4 - Capture the Accelerator
A2. Zoom in closely on the INSIDE of the jump accelerator. Look closely at the center area of the blue glows. See the little objects sticking out? Use whatever means possible to destroy them. I personally let 'em have it with a Cutting Beam and PBC combo.. the PBC was a bit difficult to get any confirmed hits with, but the combination was able to do the job nicely. Once all of the blue glows are gone, you'll have completed that objective.
A3. Simple. See the blue glow thingies? Zoom in on them, and you'll notice a bunch of little objects in the middle of them. Whip out your biggest gun (A Cutting Beam did the trick for me) and unload into it untill it explodes. Move on to the next one, and the next, untill they're all gone. Of course, if you haven't figured it out already, these are located on the INSIDE of the jump accelerator.
A4. Another tactic that others have suggested/adopted (including the infamous Stephen Robertson, who you should all bow down to right this second) is to try using Deathblow REM missiles on the thing if your best beam weapon is somehow proving defective and just isn't doing the trick.
Act 3 - Mission 5 - Deep Cover
Act 3 - Mission 6 - Smokescreen
Act 3 - Mission 8 (7) - Get Hoffer
Act 3 - Mission 9 - Antimatter Cordon
Firing one at the freighter will cause any missiles in detonation range to be destroyed. Since missile fire is the biggest danger to the transport in this mission it works perfectly. Repeat the procedure for each wave.
Incidentally you can leave all 3 escorts docked to the freighter for the duration of the battle. You should have no trouble finishing off the 2 corvettes from each wave. Typically I tell my t-fighters to engage one(pulse accl pbcs) while I engage the other. Don't be afraid to unload 4-6 deadshot missles on each one. I also seed the area around the freighter with 10 seeker mines in the event a corvette gets through.