Resigning from Torn Stars

More
12 years 6 months ago #17103 by SoupDragon
Why? Simple. Commerce. We're a rare breed us space sim aficionados. Too rare to make it viable. Got to look to the amateurs for our salvation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17105 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
Installed the game again on Win 7 64 last week and had much fun with Maas and his Marauders.

EOC - still the very best space sim.

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

More
12 years 6 months ago #17106 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
I fear there will never be another space sim like it.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17114 by SoupDragon
Well this is a blast from the past. Good to see you both are still with the living :). Looks like it's finally died over the INA (Atari) forum though :(

More
12 years 6 months ago #17116 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
Yeah, I think there hasn't been a single post there for the last few months, maybe even a year. I always had all my eggs in this basket though!

I've been tinkering with Iwar2 recently, and actually playing it. I just keep coming back to as there is nothing out there that even remotely matches it. Works really well on Windows 7, but funnily enough, even better on Snow Leopard. I can play in full 2560x1600 glory on my Mac Pro.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17118 by SoupDragon
Definitely a year Camb'. Ho hum. This site will be around until at least 2013 or I die; whichever comes first :).

Interesting that the old girl can be played on W7. Is that through a standard install no fiddling with the setup? I haven't been near the game for around two years. I think I might just dust it off and give it one more go. Damned if I'll fork out for a Mac to get the extra res' though ;)