Resigning from Torn Stars

More
17 years 1 month ago #16447 by Hot4Darmat
Wow GT. This is very sad, but I can only say thanks for leading so many of us through this great extended ride. It has been a pleasure and a great learning experience (can't believe its been almost 4 years!) I feel some guilt at being unable to contribute, but my own RL demands kicked up several notches some time back (does the fact that I'm typing this at 1:15 a.m. while still doing work give you a hint at how things have been in my life lately?).

Life has many twists, and hard work sometimes really just means damned hard work. I hope that the circumstances that are taking you away from US are positive, and not all bad. Take care and stick around the forums when you can.

Thanks again for your vision and your leadership (and the opportunity to write lots and lots of stuff...it was a blast!).

D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16448 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
Hi Grandpa,

haven't been here for a while now, but this gives me a reveille.
Reading your posting twice I simply can't believe it. You're an institution - like a real grandpa - to this forum.
I allways wondered about your dedication, this neverending engagement to improve the game. This is the end of an era and your symphony will stay unfinished.
Well - I want to thank you for your immense altruistic efforts to bring joy to the community, you are an inspiration.

Kudos and Qapla'

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

More
16 years 11 months ago #16494 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
This was a sad suprise. Don't check theese forums much, just now and then to see what progress had be done.

Well wishes and good luck to you GT!

"for all the points on the compass there is only one direction, and time it's only measurment."

"for all the points on the compass there is only one direction, and time it's only measurment."

More
16 years 8 months ago #16548 by tech2kjason
I'm a little late, but I have to say this:

Well GT, I have to admit that I didn't see that one coming... However, I do understand, completely. Real life can be a different kind of adventure. Though there may be someone who could assume the lead role, no-one could take your place. Your contributions to the Torn Stars and EOC communities have been (and will continue to be for a long time to come) an asset. Thank you for all that you have done. Best wishes and total success to you in all of your future endeavors.

More
15 years 1 week ago #16858 by tombombodil
I would like to thank you also. I found this game later in its life and am now loving it. Hope to find a multiplayer also. I will contintue to visit as I play more and enjoy. Thanks again

More
13 years 8 months ago #17028 by Shabbyorange
Me, too, i would like to thank so many that made this site what it was when i first started to play I-war years back. I am infact coming back to I-war and have found it saddening that all this has happend.
Its a massive shame and only wished i could of helped earlier, with anything.

I feel slightly obligated to continue on this site untill my time on this site goes unoticed.
Such an amazing site, even 4 years ago.