Ship and Combat balance?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16314 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Ship and Combat balance?
Being able to target and destroy certain infuriating obstacles.

Any idea when u r going to add all the hidden l-point jumps? Most are inactive and barren...not much in the way of alternate routes bypassing tolls. Ya know?

How do I reload DS missiles? Where do I buy ammo? Not from a "weapon's dealer" or a Shipyard. Did I miss something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16315 by GrandpaTrout
Rearming has been added to the new loadout screen. I should have it wrapped up this weekend, with any luck.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16316 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Ship and Combat balance?
All the hidden l-point jumps are in game now. So if you are not finding them, either you need to look harder, or we need to add more. Or perhaps a little of both. Has anyone else found any hidden, alternate routes? Has anyone even found any of the Several entire hidden systems lurking out there?

Some of these hidden systems are deeep. 3 or 4 systems deep. Lots of exploring to get that deep. But there should be some payoff for intrepid miners, or dogged traders.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16318 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Ship and Combat balance?

All the hidden l-point jumps are in game now. So if you are not finding them, either you need to look harder, or we need to add more.

dude, we aren't playin the same game,... or something....

More
17 years 3 months ago #16321 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Ship and Combat balance?
Okay, I will go in and just confirm whether the lpoints are there or not. Perhaps there is a bug which is hiding them...What kind of ship are you flying while searching...and what kind of sensors does it have? Most of the hidden routes would require the level 3, 4 or 5 sensors.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16370 by GrandpaTrout
In 11.4 we have some test code running in the guard scripts to make the ships use the AS_Strafe attack style. The ships should go zooming past you, turn, and attack again. They won't be doing the hold position attack style, which is to sit in front and shoot. This should make combat with the guards more dynamic.

This only applies to guards, not customs tolls, or pirate tolls. So you will either need to approach a hostile station, or attack some station guards.