Loadout Design

More
17 years 3 months ago #16258 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Loadout Design
Ok, loadout is now getting saved and restored correctly! And so is subsystem damage and ammo usage.

It is possible to sell the weapons off your ship, which leaves an empty mountpoint. And that means that damage mod can blow weapons off your ship (ones that are replaceable). Which is also cool. "Oh, I'm sorry! Were you using that gattling cannon?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16263 by GrandpaTrout
Using empty mountpoints was the key to getting beams working on the player ship. So now you can have all the beams you want. They must be put on the ship using the new hard points, but that is the only limitation.

For some reason the Sim code will not let you Sim.Remove a subsim and then put it back with a Sim.Add. Even though the subsim is not destroyed by remove the Sim.Add fails to work. However you can get around this by removing it, creating a new subsim that is a duplicate of the old, and putting that back on the ship. Ah, the tangled webs we modders must weave to get something trival to work correctly. Sigh.

But now we have a loadout and linked weapons. Just need to finish up the pricing and purchasing elements and it should be ready to roll out to a station near you.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16282 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Loadout Design
Most impressive!

More
17 years 3 months ago #16286 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Loadout Design
I concur. Impressive and fantastic. At last we are free of the player base!!

More
17 years 3 months ago #16289 by GrandpaTrout
And most importantly, new player ships. So the player can fly a freighter, or even just a tug with a fancy paintjob. And we can add new player systems into the game. We don't have to hack active sensors into capsule drives or whatever.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16291 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Loadout Design

Originally posted by cambragol

I concur. Impressive and fantastic. At last we are free of the player base!!

Heh. I completely misinterpreted that the first time through.

"Free of the player base? Well, if you lose your player base, who's going to play the game?"

Took me a few seconds. ;-)

As for the main topic at hand...

Who wields that woo? You do. Woohoo!

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.