Re: Torn Stars

More
17 years 6 months ago #18883 by oldwarrior40k
Re: Torn Stars was created by oldwarrior40k
Hello everyone: I can't believe IW2 still has a following. I stumbled onto T.S. website and downloaded/installed the mods + their requirements. Dumb question but for the life of me I cannot find the ship that offers the pilot to me. I have been reading David Weber's Honor Harrington series, along with watching the best SciFi series ever (BSG) and the need to space sim hits hard. Many thanks to however responds.
Oldwarrior40k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15581 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Re: Torn Stars

I cannot find the ship that offers the pilot to me.

Sorry, I need a bit more information. What are you trying to do?

More
17 years 6 months ago #15582 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Re: Torn Stars
He's looking to hire his 1st wingman, I believe...

More
17 years 6 months ago #15583 by oldwarrior40k
Replied by oldwarrior40k on topic Re: Torn Stars
Your right Bozobub. I keep re-starting the game in hopes of finding him. I'm about to give up, just buy my ship and go at it alone. If anyone can ID the name of the ship the wingman is assigned to please let me know. Thanks

More
17 years 6 months ago #15584 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Re: Torn Stars
The ID changes every session, but the wingman you're looking for is flying a SnRV -- the flat-topped cargo-carrying ship like the one that Jafs uses in the default game. Find him, open a communique, and go from there. =)

"Important Note to Purchasers: This is a 100% matter product; in the unlikely event that this merchandise should contact antimatter in any form, a catastrophic explosion will result."

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15586 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Re: Torn Stars
All the hirable ships have a light blue color. The smaller ones are cheaper to hire and upkeep. Target all the cyan blue ships you see, move close (5k) and start a communication. You will quickly learn what each of the cyan ships can do (and cost). Some sell equipment, buy stuff, or work as wingmen.