Torn Stars Meta Game

More
18 years 1 month ago #14879 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Torn Stars Meta Game
I like the sound of this. Just seems to make more sense, based off what we already have. And much more attainable, as parts of it already exist in the form of operations and some of joco's fleet code. I had already imagined that we could achieve a very dynamic and lively cluster with just a little more expansion of Operations. We just need to tie these things together and expand them, then work in the fleet style textures I have already finished(!), and the rebalance I have started. Not counting a new ship Loadout we would be halfway to Traffic..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14880 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Torn Stars Meta Game
While the system is dynamic, it would still allow some scripting. The "author" would write a script that changes the faction relations. Change two pirate factions to hate and you get a gangster war. Change two governments to hate and you get a new cluster war. If we attach News messages to the script, then the war can be announced to the player.

The operations will just move themselves onto the new targets. New operations will get spawned as old ones are killed. stations will get destroyed, and eventually things will grind down.

The "author" can also cause peace or the formation of new alliances. And send out News articles to match.

Once stations are getting destroyed and rebuilt, the true dynamic nature of the economy will be more apparent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.