User Interface

More
18 years 6 months ago #13942 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic User Interface
But you'll have to animate it. Using Morph Gizmo plugin if memory serves.

Possibly you could section up the textures to try to match the existing Cal model, but how would you find out the relevant model sections? They've been converted to PSO format.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13943 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic User Interface
If I just change the texture, it will just replace the stock cal animations. Won't it? Those animations are not rendered are they? I guess I will give it a try and see what happens. I am assuming that changing the texture will change the appearence of the stock Cal comms animations.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13955 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic User Interface
Just a pure texture change? I hadn't considered that. Might make a good quick-fix.

Mind you you'll end up with someone who looks a lot like Cal. Maybe his long-lost brother. :D

Tattoos might help differentiate the new version from the old. Change the hair color... some shading to hollow the cheeks a bit. Alter the eyebrows. Maybe a stubbly beard (but not a full one which would require form).

The eyes are so small in the animation that it would be difficult to see any change in color.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Edit: Changing the hairline might make a big difference...

More
18 years 6 months ago #13956 by cambragol
I tried it out, and it can work. However, like you said the new face looks a LOT like Cal. Not much can be done.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13957 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic User Interface
That's exciting to think that the head can change (I would've been content with text only, or even a static shot). Does this mean that we can alter and re-use the heads for Jafs, Smith, and the gunbabes, too?

I'm setting aside some time this weekend to really dive into the Middle States. Can't wait.

edit: whoa! slick new signature...except my cool Venice has green moss growing on it

More
18 years 6 months ago #13958 by cambragol
Well Hot4, the moss has been removed. You have to keep your vessel in operation to prevent that kind of build up.