ms doesn't work well

More
18 years 6 months ago #18587 by Oren
ms doesn't work well was created by Oren
hi again, i have a technical problem with this game but i'm posting it here because ms is related to the mods category. since i first installed it the game worked properly but the loading screens took too long to complete loading, compering them to eoc, and when i arrive to stations area or after a capsule jump the game's frames freeze rapidly. although it's pretty annoying i still managed to enjoy it, but lately this problem got worse- sometimes the frame freezes for 2 minutes even, many times over and over making the game unplayable. i dont know enough about computers to work this out by myself so i hope someone who does will help me out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13894 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic ms doesn't work well
oh and the game's graphics setting isn't the problem, i tried to configure them on minimal settings(640x480x16 and also lighting quality and filtering are on minimal settings)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13895 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic ms doesn't work well
Hi Oren,

Well, probably the first thing we need to know is your system specs. Could you list them here to start with?

More
18 years 6 months ago #13896 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic ms doesn't work well
The Mod does have a very long load time. It must load 100 megs of new textures into the game. Nothing we can do about that.

The freezes when near the lpoints is almost always a sound problem. open flux.ini, use the edit->find to look for "disable_sound=0" change that to "disable_sound=1". That will turn off the sound in your game. Then play for a while and see if the 2 min freezing goes away. Let us know what happens, and we can work on the problem from there.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13897 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic ms doesn't work well
ok i'll list the system specs when i ask my brother because i don't know them. i'm downloading the mod again just in case and i'll post the result after the flux file change

More
18 years 6 months ago #13903 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic ms doesn't work well
I found that when my game starts running 'choppy' after an L-point entry I can minimize my game (using the 'Windows' key) and when I bring it back up (a couple of double clicks on the icon in the taskbar) it will be running smoothly.