ms doesn't work well

More
18 years 6 months ago #13932 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic ms doesn't work well
hey grandpa, i think it works! now the freeze is for 3 seconds tops, but because my old machine i'm getting a new one soon.
tell me something, what does the sound setting got to do with all the "chopping" thing? (thanks for the word shane)

camby, about those system specs, i'll ask my older brother when he comes back from the army, if you still want to know them i mean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13933 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic ms doesn't work well
No need Oren, I think GrandpaTrout found the problem.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13934 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic ms doesn't work well
few that's good news, i didn't want to play the game soundless :)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13935 by cambragol
oops, I mean he found the solution, being that you need to turn the sound off. Sorry about that. That is a bug/problem that hit many players of the original game, myself included until I bought a better computer. Than that problem vanished

More
18 years 6 months ago #13939 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic ms doesn't work well
Don't want to rain on the parade, but the stuttering/freezing is not something I experienced in the standard game. But I do experience it in Epic, always when exiting the Hoel L-point.

The only crash I regularly had in the standard game was when I placed over 120 contacts on my contact list (too many cargo pods around L-points). That and a bit of slowdown when massive groups of ships were onscreen (like Dante's Inferno).

More
18 years 6 months ago #13941 by cambragol
Well, It must be something sound or pog related then. I was just recalling when I first played I-war 2. I had a system that was below the specs (8megs of video ram) and I experienced many stuttering freezing problems. Turning off the sound fixed most of them. But it wasn't really a good solution.