How to buy a new ship

More
18 years 6 months ago #18582 by Tigous
How to buy a new ship was created by Tigous
Ok, fellas, this is it... downloaded Epic yesterday, haven't stopped playing ever since (nearly 300,000 credits right now), but I just can't stand the old tug no more (the thought of simply going LDS strainght throungh the nearest star is becoming more and more acceptable). I just can't figure out what do I have to do to buy a Adv PatCom.

My best guess is that I have to have a high reputation with some faction so they accept selling me the Adv PatCom.
I've tried to build up my reputation with one of the factions that own a shipyard, but I simply waste all my cash without ever leaving the "friendly" zone.

Anyone out there care to show me the way out of this mess?

"We flow in unity Stand in one while the foolish be
Lost in this hour with power we have authority
To overcome while these cowards just pick up and run
But we ain't done 'till the battle be fought and won
This victory, how sweet it'd be, is already ours
Holding the stars is the Man that covers my...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13878 by TLAM Strike
Replied by TLAM Strike on topic How to buy a new ship
I know the Mercs in Alcuin will sell you a Storm Petrel Interceptor at the STC Station when you are 'Friendly' Status. But I don't think the SP has a Capsule Drive...

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

More
18 years 6 months ago #13882 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic How to buy a new ship
Build your reputation with the Emerald Navy to full ally status (60,000 credits) and then dock to the System Defense Dock (in Emerald). Then you can sell your old tug (for 50,000 credits) and purchase either a Patcom (250,000 credits) or Heavy Corvette (300,000 credits).

More
18 years 6 months ago #13900 by dendog220
Replied by dendog220 on topic How to buy a new ship
do we get to buy the turret fighters as well??

More
18 years 6 months ago #13905 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic How to buy a new ship
No turret fighters in this game. EoC was all about packing more guns onto one ship. Epic (Torn Stars) is about multiple wingmen. Different emphasis.

Not to say that someone couldn't mod it in if they really wanted them.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13914 by dendog220
Replied by dendog220 on topic How to buy a new ship
Hi grandpa..

I understand your point... but although i don't like the turrent fighters that much, i still think they are one attractive part of this game design...

could you put them back to the game in your next release (maybe give them a different set of command orders) alone with the aggressor shield and other stuff that you leave out of the game? That way, we can make the decision whether we want to buy them or not... just for fun~ :P

One more question: Do you get to capture enemy ships like we could in iFleet v5 in this game? so far i can't try cuz i have no disruptor missiles... can anyone confirm this for me??

and if the stations are not destructable, why do the AI ships fire at the enemy stations anyway? maybe they should just attact opponent's ships instead??