Middle States 7.5 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 9 months ago #13308 by GrandpaTrout
I can answer some of these:

Stolen pods can only be sold at fences. You need to find them lurking around production stations like mines, processing plants, and manufacturing plants. You can get the location of them by purchasing that info from the rumor ships that hang out near entertainment stations.

You cannot enter pods into your inventory. They only exist in the "real world". The one exception is player system that you purchase from weapons sellers. And those are moved into inventory automatically. The reason for this is because players could move around pods without freighters if we let them move stuff into and out of the inventory. The inventory exists everywhere, in every system.

I wish I could get rid of that tug, but we are stuck with him.

Your point about ghost snrv's is really interesting. Is this the same kind of ghost that you noticed with the player wingmen? I wonder if that defect was not in the game all along?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13310 by Shane
Ghost ships occur occasionally in the un-modded game. They lack a collision hull, and so can only be hurt by area-affect weapons (like missile blasts). Normally they appear when traffic begins to die down at an L-point (after about 40 minutes). A ghost SNRV has always had only a single pod loaded. I've never seen one with more than one pod.

And, to date, I've never seen anything 'ghosted' but tankers and SNRV's.

The really irritating ones were the ghost tankers run by the Marauders. I had over 50 pods floating about the Blackeye-L when a Marauder-run tanker began to shadow me. Because I was out of missiles it could not be fought. Therefore I couldn't call Jaffs to grab the loot. Ended up losing all the pods and just going home.

Not sure how to fix ghost ships. I've checked the SNRV and Tanker ini's but found no problems there. It's definately somethign going wrong in the traffic scripts.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13317 by personaobscura
I rememeber those tankers! If you fired on them, they would slowly follow you around FOREVER. Their persistence was awesome in it's own way; sort of a mechanical version of Monty Python's Black Knight.

On another note, I've noticed several times that the wingman status results are inconsistent(?)- not all ships will register the same wages/fees for the same travel. Hired them all at the same time, kept up together, yet some will charge less than the others. Or do I just not know how to add?

More
18 years 9 months ago #13319 by GrandpaTrout
Let me see if I understand the wingman fee issue correctly. You hire two ships. They are the same type of ship and charge the same wage when looking at the wingman status screen. You travel around. As you travel, you notice that you are not getting charged correctly. Some of the wingmen are undercharging. Is this correct?

More
18 years 9 months ago #13322 by personaobscura
Pretty much. All of what you assumed there is correct, just four wingmen instead of two. The first time I noticed this, I had four wingmen, traded pods there and back, but after trip, only one of four listed wingmen registers a fuel cost of 250. Everyone else is listed as 0. Too lazy to do the math, sooo...

New game, first set of jumps, everyone is showing same costs, but only for one jump, not the two that we actually made. On return delivery, which took only one jump, no fuel was shown to be used by anyone. Turned around again, this time again only one jump (and a yet a different route). On arrival, two wingmen say costs 250, two say nada. Bought cargo, went to return (on still differnt route), then upon emerging from jump- CTD. (That seems to happen whenever I try to run the same formula back and forth for a while.)

All wingmen were hired before any jumps were made or cargo hauled, all kept up during travel.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13323 by personaobscura
Something else I just thought of for what it's worth; when there is a discrepancy, the wingman status screen will show the wingmen listed first and last at the same cost/value, and the middle two will also share a value. When only one wingman shows a charge, it is always the last one listed, or at least it has been so far.