file Middle States 7.5 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 8 months ago #13277 by GrandpaTrout
No Lpoint mucking going on anywhere. I wish I could claim this one as mine (because then I would have a chance to fix it). With enough repeatability, I expect we will track the source.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13279 by cambragol
I am going to try your suggestion GrandpaTrout (turning off environ objects)

More details as to how I am traveling. It happens whether I have wingmen or not. I am flying by Autopilot. Targetting by either the Hud or the Navigation screen. Targets include both the lpoints themselves and other objects in the systems.

What happens exactly is this. I enter the Lpoint. I get the Capsule jump cutscene. I exit the the Capsule jump. I am in my destination system, but I have skipped over an entire system. Other than the skipping of the entire system, the travel appears normal. (Bedalov, Epitaph, and even Emerald in my testing of different Lpoints)

More
18 years 8 months ago #13280 by cambragol
I turned off the pob objects, and I am still getting the exact same 'skipping' effect. No change.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13281 by Shane
May I assist? I believe that's intrinsic to the engine.

I suffered the same thing with the Diomedes cluster. Traveling from one system to a destination 3 systems away, and you enter the first L-point and exit at the destination, skipping over the two systems in between. This even happened when the L-points are not linked.

The Diomedes cluster operated with no other mods or scripts. Only changed map and text files... thus, I felt it safe to assume this is coded into the engine behaviour. It also happens during the unmodded standard single-player EoC game.

I'd assumed PS incorporated this into the game to guard against player impatience.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13282 by cambragol
I also have been trying other lpoints that don't have a pog object guard, and they too are exhibiting 'skipping'. It seems like the first time I travel a route, say from Emerald to Tau Tsun, everything goes normally. However, upon returning, and or trying to take the same route thereafter, all intervening systems are skipped. In this case Providence and Li Po are skipped entirely.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13283 by cambragol
Thanks for the info Shane. I was begining to suspect the same thing. I have seen this behavior in the past, but never looked into it as thoroughly as now. However, if there is no way to change this, It really presents a dilemna for our trading simulation. What is the use of creating all these interesting, dangerous and exiting areas, if the player is just going to be instantly skipping over them everytime?

Perhaps it is time to rip out that autopilot once and for all? I know I am also a bit tired of it driving me through the middle of gas giants or the hearts of burning suns. But would that even solve the problem? And what new problems might it give rise too..?