Middle States 7.5 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 9 months ago #13270 by cambragol
Had a CTD. Travelling with a 20 pod freighter. No cargo. Came out of a Crystal Lpoint, heading towards Bedalov. My freighter appeared in front of me, and with the Capsule 'flash' came the CTD.

I was also playing the game in a window.

Here are th last few lines from my Flux.log

SCRIPT: [unknown] player jumped from here Crystal Lpoint
SCRIPT: [unknown] player arrived here 27046 ("Hoel Lpoint", "icLagrangePointWaypoint")
SCRIPT: [unknown] PlayerWatch: Waking 27046 ("Hoel Lpoint", "icLagrangePointWaypoint")
SCRIPT: [unknown] StationEnv: SetupEnv 27046 ("Hoel Lpoint", "icLagrangePointWaypoint")
SCRIPT: [unknown] tStationInit.operations_setup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13271 by cambragol
I believe I have found something that may be causing this CTD. It appears that the Crystal Lpoint in Emerald, and the Hoel Lpoint in Alcuin are linked directly somehow. Passing through either does not take the player to Bedalov as it should. Passing through either of these Lpoints is causing frequent CTD's. So far I have only noticed this at this lpoint pair. GrandpaTrout, I checked the all_systems file and found no obvious errors with the Lpoinst setup. However, I noticed there is an Alliance Navy Fleet Defence guard Pog object setup at the Crystal Lpoint. Might this have something to do with the problem?

I checked a little further, by flying through other Lpoints that have this same kind of Guard Pog object (Fleet Defence of Alliance Navy) and found that they too are allowing impossible 2 system jumps.

Here is a clip from my flux:

SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.StartupSystem: Starting up new solar system...
SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.StartupSystem: Old system was "map:/geog/middle/lombard", new system is "map:/geog/middle/penda"
SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.StartupSystem: System has changed
SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.StartupSystem: Making new list of traffic locations

Penda and lombard are not directly connected. I should be flying through Epitaph when leaving either heading for the other. But that is not happening.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13272 by cambragol
Further observations about these weird Lpoints and the Defence Fleet pog object. If I start a new game, in Alcuin, and fly towards Crystal Lpoint via Hoel Lpoint, the lpoints behave normally. I pass into Bedalov from Alcuin, and then from Bedalov to Emerald. Once I reach the Crystal Lpoint (Which has the Defence Fleet set up) things begin to change. Thereafter any travel between Crystal Lpoint and Hoel Lpoint is instantaneous. No intervening travel through Bedalov. It doesn't matter whether I am flying from emerald to Alcuin, or Alcuin to Emerald, Bedalov is skipped. It is like Hoel Lpoint has become 'contaminated' by Crystal Lpoint.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13273 by GrandpaTrout
Very strange. The pog objects should make no difference. You can prove that by turning off all the environment objects and then reduplicating your travel.

Can you give more details about how you are traveling? When you say Emerald to Alcuin that skips Bedalov, what do you do? Are you flying by autopilot? Are you targeting something in Alcuin? If so, what? Are you following a ship? Are you manually jumping? Do you have any wingmen following? Does it happen if you have no wingmen?

When you say skips, what sequence happens exactly? I am assuming that means that you enter an lpoint in Emerald, and you get the capsule jump cut scene, and when it ends, your in Alcuin. No flashes, or other changes.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13274 by GrandpaTrout
Very strange. The pog objects should make no difference. You can prove that by turning off all the environment objects and then reduplicating your travel.

Can you give more details about how you are traveling? When you say Emerald to Alcuin that skips Bedalov, what do you do? Are you flying by autopilot? Are you targeting something in Alcuin? If so, what? Are you following a ship? Are you manually jumping? Do you have any wingmen following? Does it happen if you have no wingmen?

When you say skips, what sequence happens exactly? I am assuming that means that you enter an lpoint in Emerald, and you get the capsule jump cut scene, and when it ends, your in Alcuin. No flashes, or other changes.

[Edit]
More negatives. I double checked the map files and it does not look like the geog generator is building incorrect map files. Which means that the internal PS mapping is getting messed up somehow? That does not seem right. I must have broken something, somewhere.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13276 by Joco
I assume we are not mucking about with the l-points via pog?