MiddleStates 7.3 Bug Reports/Discussion

More
18 years 11 months ago #13129 by GrandpaTrout
Odd. It works for me. Here is what I am doing to test it. I changed a water mine to buy and sell common gasses (we don't normally allow this). Then I bought 10 pods, paid for them. Then I switched to the sell screen and sold those 10 pods. I had 150 credits profit.

Perhaps something else is removing the funds? Maybe upkeep is running too often? I just checked your new econ files and the price for zero is fine, so that is not the issue. Oh, wait, are you capsule jumping? I should double check the capsule jump code is not advancing a day for in system jumps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13132 by cambragol
When I sell at a station, the price, for example, will be listed at 1200 a pod. Then, after I sell 20 pods, I recieve a total of 23800, instead of 24000. So the error seems to be in the calculation while selling pods in-system.

I am not capsule jumping. Just LDSing to the next station.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13133 by GrandpaTrout
We found it. The sell screen was displaying the wrong data, and it made it look like the amount paid was in error. Which is how we could both be right, and yet there still was a bug. fixed. also fixed a few other confusing issues in the trade screens.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13135 by GrandpaTrout
The fix to View Dock that prevented the player from getting trapped is causing a crash when the base loads. The iDirector does not like being ended when the base is loading. We live with the trapped player for now. Until something can be done to resolve the crash.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13136 by Qlippoth
Maybe what's needed is a comms function to basically broadcast a request for those who are looking for work (to be hired)? Using this function will change the color of hirable ships. The faction is still in the ID data of each ship for reference?

After a minute or so the ship tag color reverts to normal since you only need to identify hirable ships in a short period.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13138 by GrandpaTrout
A brilliant idea! When the player presses the comms button, it also scans for ships and highlights. A task can be detached for each comm enabled ship that will turn off the highlight after a few moments. There are a few special cases that need handling, but I can see how this would work. I will add it to the feature list.