MiddleStates 7.3 Bug Reports/Discussion

More
18 years 11 months ago #13139 by cambragol
A small possible bug: My wingman freighter seems to get locked into formating(formup)to me. He will not halt when ordered, and has trouble loading cargo if I am moving at all, because he attempts to reformate to me, rather than allow the cargo to dock. I am not yet sure what instigated this behaviour.

Further, after jumping away from him, then trying to reapproach him, we were sent into an expanding LDS spiral which ended up with us meeting halfway outside the solar system. I assume this is because he was formatting to me while I was approaching him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13140 by GrandpaTrout
The AI routines don't support a halt specifically. Instead they have a "purge orders" command. But it does not always seem to work. Try the order a few times. If the problem keeps up, I will try to invent a workaround.

I found a very annoying bug myself. There is a low level POG routine that tracks if a ship has been attacked, and who the last attacker was. Well, for some odd reason, that routine returns the player as the last attacker if one of my wingmen attacked the ship. Which turns out to be really annoying, because attacking a ship can also be caused by crashing into a ship. Which idiot freighter captains do all the time. I expect to hear howls of outrage from the players over this one "My wingman hit a government transport, and now I am considered a pirate in 10 systems! Arrrggg!".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.