Epic Code Release 3a

More
20 years 10 months ago #17771 by GrandpaTrout
Here is another code release. Not so many player usable features this time; mostly trying to get ready for some merging work between mod team members. We should have a new player flyable ship or two next week or so.

There are a few things I would like you guys to test out if you can. Mostly just flying around and looking at stuff. Prying into nooks and corners looking for bugs. The release notes have problems to watch for. Thanks!

This release has some very cool new planet textures. And you will notice all the Nebula are gone (making room for the new ones). New Dramatic lighting. New stars. Overall, much prettier (Thanks to Cambragol!!).

Check out the release notes in the code package for a better list of new features.

This release is also pretty complex to download and install correctly. Mostly because I am having problems uploading 20+ meg files. So you will need to do some work. *ALL* of the pieces are needed, or wierd things are going to happen!

Here is the code:

[Edit, old release removed]

Here is the star cluster (needs planet textures below).
[Edit, old release removed]

Download the following planet texture files. Put them all in a directory named "images". Some will overwrite others. It is ok.

Then, open the middle states zip file, and put the "images" folder inside it. Zip it all back up and place it in the mods directory.

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6240 by Dark Fire
Replied by Dark Fire on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Granpa, if you need to, email me a time to meet you on like ICQ or something and send me it, i have cable and can upload pretty quickly.

PS, I have now downloaded all the .zips, im gonna reistall EoC and take it for a good run for ya.

The Man with the really big ship, aka the Columbia Class Super Danube :-)

The Man with the really big ship, aka the Columbia Class Super Danube :-)

More
20 years 10 months ago #6243 by KSpecter
Replied by KSpecter on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Wow! You're a lot further along than I thought! I'll try to get everything loaded up and then start beaking things. :)

What's iFleet in there for if you can't capture ships? Just to keep track of whatever ships your purchaced?

More
20 years 10 months ago #6245 by TheCoredump
Replied by TheCoredump on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Yes, a cool new release [8D].
But am I the only one having problem with UniGUI ? After some time each time I try to launch the UniGUI interface I have the "No GUI available" message, or something like that, and then I can't do anything [:(]

TheCoredump

More
20 years 10 months ago #6246 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Did you remove all your old mods? You need to use only the unigui version out of the release zip (they are different). Anyone else having problems?

Yes, the fleet code saves and restores the player wingmen (and cargo). So you can lead a group of transports through pirate infested territory if you wanted. And soon you will be charged upkeep on the ships you own.

Limited ship capture will be added. (but very limited, we don't want to unbalance the game).

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6247 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3a
A couple of bugs to report already:

REM linking cargo pods: You can rem link to cargo pods that you have purchased and drive them around. The bug is that if you AutoDock the pods to a ship, you will be trapped in the pod, unable to break the REM link. (another fine plan bites the dust). I will need to code some cargo pod hauling routines for drones or something.

Wingman commands broken. The standard wingman commands no longer function. Not certain if this is because I broke the code, or if the keybindings are no longer setup correctly. (more and more of the standard EoC functions are being removed every day. Soon traffic will be gone, and then replaced).

UniGui is working for me. Let me know if you still have problems. Perhaps the keybinding needs to be added back into your config.ini file?

-Gtrout