Epic Code Release 3a

More
20 years 10 months ago #6248 by TheCoredump
Replied by TheCoredump on topic Epic Code Release 3a
I have made a need install of EoC for this Epic Release, so I have only added the multimod.
But it is not trully a new 'bug' for me, I experiencing this since the first UniGUI. I have reinstalled EoC many times so I don't think it could came from my install. Maybe something due to my french version [?]

TheCoredump

TheCoredump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6250 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Ah Ha! Epic includes a customized multimod. I expect that is the problem. Remove everything from the mods directory, and just copy over the Epic files.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6251 by TheCoredump
Replied by TheCoredump on topic Epic Code Release 3a
Yes, it seems to be better [:I]
Thanks Grandpa

TheCoredump

More
20 years 10 months ago #6252 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Epic Code Release 3a

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

REM linking cargo pods: You can rem link to cargo pods that you have purchased and drive them around. The bug is that if you AutoDock the pods to a ship, you will be trapped in the pod, unable to break the REM link. (another fine plan bites the dust). I will need to code some cargo pod hauling routines for drones or something.

-Gtrout

Drones will probably just get stuck too and clutter up the game?

Had the same problem in the MP game at first. Now the script calls iRemotePilot.DeactivateConnection(); on the docking event. No problems now.

Once you have that, there is also a possibility that a player might Autodock a pod to a station or another cargo pod unintentionally. If the pod is docked and the connection was deactivated, you can't re-connect to that pod and undock it. So, it stays stuck there and that isn't good if you need the pod for the mission. (the same could happen on a drone too)
To prevent that, the script checks to see if the pod had been docked to a T_Gunstar, T_station or T_cargopod, and if so calls:
iShip.UndockSelf( pod );

The script with the docking functions in the MP game I sent you back in Feb./March was not complete. I can send you an update if you want? It's about half a mile long now.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 10 months ago #6255 by GrandpaTrout
Good solution. There was another remote connection problem where the player was stuck as well. I can add something to the player watch function to look for remote connections and terminate them under certain conditions. I will try that approach. Unfortunatly, the single player game does not generate events that I can catch. only multiplayer.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6277 by GrandpaTrout
Hmmm. Very quiet? How do you guys like the stark lighting? How do you like the planet textures?

The nebula (currently missing) make it easier to see, because the ships outline against them a little better. But you can expect it to be quite dark.

Anyone seen a Venice freighter glowing? Never noticed that until the lighting changed. Seen a glowing red bridge? Have you noticed the ships actually have lights on them?

I am expecting to have the player wingmen command scripts working this week.

-Gtrout