Code Release

More
21 years 2 months ago #4864 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Code Release
You need a certain faction level to purchase. The default values are way too high. Clear now when the player begins with neutral to everyone. I will work on tuning it.

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 2 months ago #4867 by GrandpaTrout

Originally posted by Dark Fire

Also, are we still going to do the Chessboard GUI, and the Fighter Lauch Control, for ships like the SD, Fast Attack, bases, the Carrier, ect?

Good point. I have barely considered combat handling. I will add an item into the feature list to work on how it might work. I expect we will need to try several things before we are happy.

Battlezone had pretty good army control from single person viewpoint. But it was pretty rough on the commander :)

-Gtrout

More
21 years 2 months ago #4874 by GrandpaTrout
Another update posted:

This one removes the start of game script, so you don't get Clays tutorial.
It changes the cargo requirements. You should be able to find cargo for purchase. Try an agricultural station, like the stepsons.

I added another mod called Block. It is a prototype of a Customs patrol guarding an Lpoint. Just fly to any lpoint, and the patrol will appear. It is also a test of how corrupt police could work. So the patrol will demand a bribe. Answer any way, it does not matter. Then the patrol will chase around transports inspecting cargo.

-Gtrout

More
21 years 2 months ago #4892 by Dark Fire
Replied by Dark Fire on topic Code Release
I got a file doesnt exsist on that new URL in the first post???

The Man with the really big ship, aka the Columbia Class Super Danube :-)

More
21 years 2 months ago #4896 by GrandpaTrout

Originally posted by Dark Fire

I got a file doesnt exsist on that new URL in the first post???

Yes, my fault. Fixed now!

-Gtrout

More
21 years 2 months ago #4943 by GrandpaTrout
Code Update: Fixes to reputation handling

What you should now see happen:

If you attack the police you will be marked a wanted criminal and the police will be hostile to you forever.

If you attack unarmed transports, you will be marked as a pirate and the police will be hostile.

If you attack a faction, after 10min or so, they will get a little less friendly. If you attack them again, they will keep getting lower until they are hostile.

If someone is being attacked, and you attack only the attackers, you should get a positive boost in relations after 10 min.

If you reload a game, you should still get a faction changes for your attacks up to the point you saved.

We may still want to adjust the amount of reputation change for each attack. Or add code that measures how severe and attack. Or code that measures how certain are the defenders to recognize you. (so if they get a clear picture, then your reputation goes way down, but if no one survives to ID your ship, then only a small drop.)

-Gtrout