Code Release

More
21 years 1 month ago #5172 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Code Release

Originally posted by Flamineo

Easy may not be quite the word, but you could do, for instance, iSim.SimsInRadius(possible_cargo_carrier, 0.5km, T_CargoPod), then iterate through it checking IsDockedTo(possible_cargo_carrier, cargo_pod) for each element.

Thanks, but I already tried that. It seems, (unless I really goofed somewheres) that once the pod is docked to a freighter the server no longer sees it untill it is undocked again. ( but at least that keeps the server from trying to re-place the docked pod back to where it was while the ship it's docked to is cruising around)

I thought it would be kinda dumm if you have to stop in the middle of the Jumpgate and undock your freight before you fly through it on the way back home

EOC/IWar2 Multiplayer Fansite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5175 by Flamineo
Replied by Flamineo on topic Code Release

originally posted by MajorTom
once the pod is docked to a freighter the server no longer sees it untill it is undocked again

Oh. Sounds like yet another instance where the client/server app behaves slightly differently from the single-player game to maintain synchronisation.

Have you tried Sim.Children(freighter)? I'd think the server must still know the pods exist: I assume you can shoot docked pods off their parent as in the single-player game?

More
21 years 1 month ago #5178 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Flamineo
[bssume you can shoot docked pods off their parent as in the single-player game?

Thanks, I'll try that. Should be able to get a ChildCount fairly easy
Yes, the server does ( or did at one point) recognize them somehow, because the camera pans to an external view whenever one is shot off

More
21 years 1 month ago #5182 by MajorTom
Yoohoo!

*dances a jig and sings a happy song*

SimChildren works :D

More
21 years 1 month ago #5189 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Code Release
Unless someone really screams - I would like to postpone carriers and other fighter carriers until phase two (or so). There should be more than enough cruisers and destroyers to fight. And it gives us focus on these first few missions and story. (basically, I am looking to trim features. And I don't expect the player to own a carrier in this first release, so all the effort will be unused.) There are two more phases to go. The player is already getting the ability to purchase ships and hire wingmen, so he will not need T fighters.

-Gtrout

More
21 years 1 month ago #5190 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Code Release
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*walks into room*
Huh? Carriers? Aw don't worry. It's not the most important feature. Nowhere near it infact.

*walks off elsewhere*
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*takes in a breath of air*
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!