Getting pilots done, but stuck

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5509 by Loader
I can play the mission with the com sec (the one with the antenna's if I remember correctly) but after that one I'm still stuck.
I cán't do the missions for Jarvis and thus I can't play Battle of Mwari.

I ain't elderly and I ain't no damn toaster, kid!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5511 by Faradhi
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="purple">

Are you talking about the Wolf's Lair mission??? Do you know where the Marauder base is??? If not read on

@@@@@@@@@@@ MISSION SPOILER @@@@@@@@@@@@@@
If you have the patcom/capsule space tracker, then you need to go to one of the distress beacons. When you get there do the following:

1)Wait for the Marauders to destroy the transports there
2)When the Marauders are about to leave, engage your "Formate autopilot" and follow them to an L-point
3)When you get to the L-point/out of LDS, Break off your autopilot and run away from the Marauders, but keep one of their ships targeted
4)After they jump, if nothing happens, then follow them.
at some point a cut scene should begin or smith or clay will start talking to you. Then do what they say. Then go home.

We went like this! He Went like that! and I said to Hollywood: "WHERE'D HE GO!" and Hollywood said "WHERE'D WHO GO?"

Does this mean the the "Find help to combat the marauders" mission hinges on completeing other missions? *baffled* pardon my stupidity after all I am a mere female. ;)
</font id="purple">
</font id="size3">
</font id="Comic Sans MS">

Choose your words carefully

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5514 by Shane

Does this mean the the "Find help to combat the marauders" mission hinges on completeing other missions?

Yep. That's why the order for the Act II missions gets so screwed up. You've got some missions that appear at random times, some missions which launch when you travel to some point, some missions which launch only when another mission is completed, and some missions which are broken into four or five sub-missions, with each having their own conditions for being offered.

Is it any wonder, with all this going on, that the missions are ever offered at all? ;)

Loader: Try this topic and see if it helps... i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=989 See if you've got the correct emails to start the Jarvis missions.

By the way, if people find they are completely stuck, Soupdragon keeps some saves here

i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm

and if the one you're looking for is not there, contact me... I've got a stash of them hiding somewhere on my computer.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5515 by Faradhi
Thanks Shane. I have 12 mails I have not yet read because I did not want to start another mission without finishing a current mission.
I now want to know about the one where I have to steal the cut gem\diamondoid. I was playing around with this one yesterday while I flew around the system trying to figure out what I missed. I got the gems but I guess I did not get enough. I currently have 3 cut gems in inventory but I will still need to get the one from ursus. How many exactly do I need because yesterday he was on my trades for three times for several different items. (I refer to the "Message from Big Jack" mission)
</font id="purple">
</font id="size3">

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5520 by Shane
The "Big Jack's Jewels" mission is a sub-mission; it does not affect the plot (and usually offers little reward). So you don't have to worry about it messing up any other missions. In fact, you don't even have to do the mission... the objective will disappear after a time.

If memory serves, when you swipe the jewels, you then trade them on the trade screen. Then, once the trades are done and the jewels gone, you get an email from Big Jack saying thanks.

In EoC, the missions wait on the player, not the other way around (at least that's the way it's supposed to be! :D). You can read all your messages without affecting the plot. Any plot-critical mission stays forever, until it's done.

For instance, if you read a mail which says "Meet the League at so-and-so point... we're waiting for you", you can go off for ten years pirating, and they'll still be waiting for you at that point when you're ready to do the mission. So no worries about missions messing up other missions.

Open up and read all your emails... there are some missions (i.e., "Find help to combat Marauders") which cannot be finished unless other missions are completed. Do all the missions you can; if one cannot currently be finished, do other missions... their completion may be needed to finish the one that came before.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 4 weeks ago #5526 by Faradhi
Understood.
I have searched and did not find a message from Jarvis. I did visit him and I am sure I saved the game. Just to make sure I saved the game I went back to see jarvis to see if I had forgotten to save the game and nothing happened so I am sure I saved the game. So why have I not recieved the Jarvis message?
BTW I have read all my messages but the one from big Jack.
</font id="purple">
</font id="size3">