Enhancement of Intelligence for Non-player Ships

More
7 years 11 months ago #20172 by 7upMan

AdmiralZeratul wrote: I definitely recommend having them fly detached. Due to their tiny size and good maneuverability, their survivability can be surprisingly high.

This is not really what I experienced. I stopped taking the turret fighters with me because they always got killed. Also, they wasted missiles like crazy, and I mean really firedsomething like a dozen missiles within seconds. With me having to replace the fighters, missiles and ammunition, in the end, things got so expensive that it made no sense to me to take them anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20173 by Chessking
To me, the benefit of having T-fighters is the ability to fire several different types of weapons at once, and target several ships independently. On the advanced patcom and heavy corvette, they can even turn and fire backwards, like in I-War 1. On the other hand, I like a variety of weapons. On the Tug especially, with two T-fighters equipped, the fighters might have more firepower then you do when they are detached. I like to have my neutron PBCs, my cutting beam, my gatling cannons, and some seekers and remote missiles. Did you know, the heavy corvette can mount six gatling cannons?

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 11 months ago #20175 by AdmiralZeratul
Besides, missiles are cheap to manufacture anyway. You've got to have some use for the cargo you steal other than trading, after all.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20180 by 7upMan
I have yet to discover blueprints for the more valuable missiles. Currently, I can only produce the simplest Seeker missiles.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20185 by IronDuke

7upMan wrote: I have yet to discover blueprints for the more valuable missiles. Currently, I can only produce the simplest Seeker missiles.

That's because, while they do exist in the game, they are never put into the trade screen. If they are ever in a convoy, I have never seen them, despite probably stealing 1,000,000 pods in my 8 years of playing.
Thanks for bringing that up. I'll add that to the list of things to mod. :)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AdmiralZeratul

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #20204 by Chessking
I finally got around to trying this out. Is the change noticeable? I'm not sure. First note, it helps to have Multimod enabled. :lol: In the first Instant Action battle I tried, a few fighters destroyed me. They don't usually seem to be that accurate. The second battle felt about normal, though, and I finally died with sixty-some kills and a score of over 1900. About what I usually get. I think the thing that would prove the mod is doing its job would be to use it to set all ships to 10%, and see if they die more easily.

@7upMan: Here is the full list of blueprints I own:
Turret Fighter
Seeker Missiles
Gnat Pack
Hammer Pack
Seeker Mine Pack
Gatling Cannon Ammo
Sniper Cannon Ammo

I have not found blueprints for deadshot missiles or harrower missiles. The ability to manufacture Deathblow REM missiles would be a good addition, as well. In the end, it would be really cool if you could manufacture whole ships, and both build and maintain a fleet that way.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel