Enhancement of Intelligence for Non-player Ships

More
8 years 1 week ago #20150 by IronDuke
It depends on the observer. In my case, I didn't notice it as being more taxing on my skill, but it did take longer to kill them and I took more damage from them. At one point I stupidly stopped my Petrel right in front of a patcom for one second and almost died. :mrgreen: Another point it took almost a full minute to kill a Marauder even with twin neutrons simply because he was so good a dodging.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #20156 by 7upMan
Well then, I'll be sure to try it out then! :-)

More
7 years 11 months ago #20164 by AdmiralZeratul
Do the AI enhancements also affect Az's and Lori's combat performance?

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20166 by IronDuke

AdmiralZeratul wrote: Do the AI enhancements also affect Az's and Lori's combat performance?

I don't know if they have their AI set below max, but if so, then yes. The thing is, all ships have an AI mindset thingy applied when they are created. Military, coward, bold, etc. I think there's a special one that only the T-fighters get. Basically these mindsets govern reaction times, what maneuvers are performed, how the ship reacts to things like superior foes, all that jazz. Because the T-fighters seem to ahve a different flight style than your average ship, I get the suspicion that they have a custom mindset.
I never detach them because lazy and they get killed, so I'm not entirely sure whether they have their AI preset at the default 80%. If they do though, they definitely are improved by the mod.

Now you've sparked my interest in having them fly detached. B)

TLDR: Very probably.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AdmiralZeratul

More
7 years 11 months ago #20168 by AdmiralZeratul

IronDuke wrote:

AdmiralZeratul wrote: Do the AI enhancements also affect Az's and Lori's combat performance?

I don't know if they have their AI set below max, but if so, then yes. The thing is, all ships have an AI mindset thingy applied when they are created. Military, coward, bold, etc. I think there's a special one that only the T-fighters get. Basically these mindsets govern reaction times, what maneuvers are performed, how the ship reacts to things like superior foes, all that jazz. Because the T-fighters seem to ahve a different flight style than your average ship, I get the suspicion that they have a custom mindset.
I never detach them because lazy and they get killed, so I'm not entirely sure whether they have their AI preset at the default 80%. If they do though, they definitely are improved by the mod.

Now you've sparked my interest in having them fly detached. B)

TLDR: Very probably.

--IronDuke

I definitely recommend having them fly detached. Due to their tiny size and good maneuverability, their survivability can be surprisingly high. Having other people to take the bullets for you is an advantage not to be underestimated either, and keeping the T-Fighters attached means all those bullets will be aimed at you. The increased combat effectiveness also allows for the procurement of more cargo, which conveniently makes replacing T-Fighter losses much easier.

I have no idea how Az and Lori keep surviving getting blown up though. Maybe they are secretly immortal warrior women who are just following Cal Johnston to fulfill their own nefarious plans later on...

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20170 by Chessking

I have no idea how Az and Lori keep surviving getting blown up though. Maybe they are secretly immortal warrior women who are just following Cal Johnston to fulfill their own nefarious plans later on...

I think Az and Lori eject in little escape pods that secretly attach to your own ship. Provided, of course, you don't get blown into space dust first. It is odd, though, when one of them gets destroyed and the other shouts out, like the one got killed. But then they are both sitting lazily on the sofa when you get back.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel