Mod Dev Version DL

More
18 years 8 months ago #13490 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Mod Dev Version DL
What about additional squad colors for the rebel fighters? They would literally be the work of a moment to make. Yes, they increase the file size, but this mod is going to be huge anyway. A few more ships won't kill us. I could even figure out some small colored insignias for the Imperial ships. If you want any MT, just say so.

Still having a little trouble with the win2k batch file. I'll write down the symptoms for you MT.

The Tie cockpit is fully textured, but I don't think you should wait for the others.

The Star Destroyer isn't textured yet, but if you don't have the model I'll get it off to you right away. Along with the rebel cruiser.

I want to say wait for the new s-foil animations, but who actually downloads and uses these releases other than me? Is anyone else using and testing them? If so, then I would say wait. I'll finish the files this weekend.

Here's what I'd like to see:
1. MT, since the team selection screen comes after the ship selection screen, couldn't we just automate the team selection process? Instead of interupting the game during loading, couldn't we just have the player's team automatically selected based on what ship he chooses? I don't think the player should be allowed to select a ship and team of conflicting sides anyway. And it's irritating when, just when I think the game is starting, it hits me with another selection screen. I usually just stare at it for a good several seconds before I realize I'm supposed to do something. And that derails my train of excitement in anticipation of the start of the game. It would be really nice if I could just select my ship and go.

2. I really love having the Star Wars music. It really drives the action during the game. But can we make it so that there's different music played for the game setup screen and the actual gameplay? Could we also get each game area to cycle a list of music from an INI, instead of replaying the same music? That would be great.

3. My most requested feature of all: MT please, please, clean up the Star Wars A1 directory. Please get rid of all the unneccesary files in there. I'm having a very tough time finding the files I need in all the clutter. If it's not actually being used in the mod, please delete it. This would also reduce the zip file size considerably. Please? Thanks :D.

Well that about does it for me. Who's next?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13504 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Mod Dev Version DL

Originally posted by Second Chance

What about additional squad colors for the rebel fighters? They would literally be the work of a moment to make. Yes, they increase the file size, but this mod is going to be huge anyway. A few more ships won't kill us. I could even figure out some small colored insignias for the Imperial ships. If you want any MT, just say so.

Fine with me but not in the beta

Still having a little trouble with the win2k batch file. I'll write down the symptoms for you MT.

I'm waiting

The Tie cockpit is fully textured, but I don't think you should wait for the others.

agreed

The Star Destroyer isn't textured yet, but if you don't have the model I'll get it off to you right away. Along with the rebel cruiser.

Thanks

I want to say wait for the new s-foil animations, but who actually downloads and uses these releases other than me? Is anyone else using and testing them? If so, then I would say wait. I'll finish the files this weekend.

I do too, lets wait and see how they work if you get em done this weekend

Here's what I'd like to see:
1. MT, since the team selection screen comes after the ship selection screen, couldn't we just automate the team selection process? Instead of interupting the game during loading, couldn't we just have the player's team automatically selected based on what ship he chooses? I don't think the player should be allowed to select a ship and team of conflicting sides anyway. And it's irritating when, just when I think the game is starting, it hits me with another selection screen. I usually just stare at it for a good several seconds before I realize I'm supposed to do something. And that derails my train of excitement in anticipation of the start of the game. It would be really nice if I could just select my ship and go.

The rebels vs. Bots game is like that, it has no team selection screen. Just use it for testing?
The purpose of the score screen for team games and the coop missions is also to inform the player of the game objectives. We already talked this before too. We'll leave them in for the moment. I would like to have better graphics though, if you could make them?

2. I really love having the Star Wars music. It really drives the action during the game. But can we make it so that there's different music played for the game setup screen and the actual gameplay? Could we also get each game area to cycle a list of music from an INI, instead of replaying the same music? That would be great.

You didn't notice that the music is determined by the ship (rebel or Imp) you select?
We can have different/more music, but we don't have any more music avaliable that we can use, it is all copyrighted. If you can find some we'll use it!

3. My most requested feature of all: MT please, please, clean up the Star Wars A1 directory. Please get rid of all the unneccesary files in there. I'm having a very tough time finding the files I need in all the clutter. If it's not actually being used in the mod, please delete it. This would also reduce the zip file size considerably. Please? Thanks :D.

I guess you are refering to the version you got last month on the CD.
There are some unnecessary avatar files in it and they will be removed in the next dev version.
excepting the Avatar stuff there are very few unecessary files in the mod: some of them are prototypes, some may still be needed in the future. The maps and different ship types use lots of resources.
We are going to need a lot more by the time we get done. A few .ini files or .lws won't influence the zip size. You just have to follow the paths shown in the .ini(s).

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
18 years 8 months ago #13513 by Second Chance
Woohoo! Thanks to MajorTom, I've got my Win2k batch file working great. Thanks, MT.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13531 by Second Chance

The rebels vs. Bots game is like that, it has no team selection screen.

Great. Can we get that implemented for the other modes too eventually?

The purpose of the score screen for team games and the coop missions is also to inform the player of the game objectives. We already talked this before too. We'll leave them in for the moment. I would like to have better graphics though, if you could make them?

What have we talked about before? I didn't say anything about the score screen. Is this a different screen I haven't seen yet that comes up during loading? Maybe we can display the objectives somewhere else?

btw - sorry I didn't get everything done for you last weekend. I'm going to Seattle for two weeks on Monday, so I'll definitely get it all done for you this weekend before I go.