file Mod Dev Version DL

More
19 years 9 months ago #10110 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Mod Dev Version DL
Hot4, I just downloaded the current dev version to my win98 PC directly and installed it.
I also uninstalled it, re-installed it, extracted the .zip 3 times into the same folder with the mod activated, and deactivated. Believe me it works perfectly.

don't worry about SC and his "specially tweaked" flux.ini on his uberdesigner version of Win2k :D

Since winzip is a bit cumbersome on win98 you may want to create a folder named StarWarsA1 in you EOC directory first and then extract the .zip to it. After you've extracted it follow the directions in the readme and you'll be fine.

Note: When you start make sure you select a ship and also a Game Type after you've pressed the "host session" button. Then everything will be ok.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10111 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Second Chance
Silly rabbit ;), of course I had a mods folder. The batch file deleted it.

LOL, thats absolutly impossible! :D
The batch only renames the mods folder. Look at the DOS commands in the batch there is no RMDIR anywheres near a folder named mods. It can't delete a folder named mods. (and it can't rename a folder that isn't there either)
Do you have some kind of special -uber-Designer version of DOS? ;)

Anyhow, I'm sure we'll find out what went wrong. Someday :p

More
19 years 9 months ago #10117 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Mod Dev Version DL

The batch only renames the mods folder.

Gotcha. When it renamed the mods folder I thought it had deleted it. It just failed to rename it back to "mods" because it couldn't deactivate. That makes more sense now.

Hot4, don't worry about the Win98 version. MajorTom knows what he's doing. Win2K NT based systems are fundamentally very different from the earlier DOS based windows systems. That's where my problems lie. And since XP, even though based on Win2K, was designed to look and act more like the earlier systems, there doesn't seem to be a problem with it.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #10119 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Mod Dev Version DL
Thanks for the reassurances. I never really doubted the Major. I'll get to playtesting as soon as I finish the powerpoint slide animations for the workshop I have to deliver on Wednesday (believe me when I say I need a break...).

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 9 months ago #10145 by MajorTom
The newest version dated 31 may is now avaliable:

Edit: <font color="red">Link removed!</font id="red">

The version info is in the readme.txt in the zip. We can't change the exterior folder name each time becasue I would have to change the whole batch file for every version.

This version has the Turret Window (cockpit) switcher in it and the new B-Wing has some really nice weapons on it, like Shanes bomb, and also an energy bomb cannon. Also has un-guided torpedoes that can't be spoofed, and are not recognized by the Missile defense turrets on the stations. (the turret switcher and Shanes bomb are currently only active on the Cargo Hunt and Search and Destroy maps)

I'm off to do some testing with Tarcoon right now, so I'll be back in a couple of hours to explain the new stuff in detail.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10282 by MajorTom
I wanted to upload the newest version today with all the goodies, but I got stuck on a couple of little issues. (that were important to me, to fix).

I'll have it up tomorrow, probably around noon est.

It' gonna be great!:D