file fun with .pso

More
17 years 9 months ago #15277 by Hadryon
Replied by Hadryon on topic fun with .pso
Thanks much, bro!

This helped a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15278 by Hadryon
Replied by Hadryon on topic fun with .pso
It's giving me another error, on any .PSO file I attempt to convert.
What the heck is Python24, and why is it asking for it?

$ for file in `find . -iname "*.pso"` ; do
> echo $file
> pso2lwo2 --quiet --output=${file/.[pP][sS][oO]/.lwo} $file
> done
./cockpit.PSO
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\py2exe\boot_common.py", line 69, in ?
ImportError: No module named linecache

Sorry to be so annoying, but I'm awful close to getting the hang of this. I've read that tutorial page back and forth, but it doesn't mention the Python modules.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15281 by Jasper
Replied by Jasper on topic fun with .pso
did you do anything with the library.zip that was with the exe's? they need that too, (don't decompress it).

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

---

More
17 years 4 months ago #15655 by tak
Replied by tak on topic fun with .pso
hi,

Following Jasper's great tutorial, i did the batch conversion of textures, it worked fine; i also tried pso2lwo, and it worked fine also (setup.lws opens fine, all ship parts are there).

In the stormpetrel folder, i have the original game files, plus the converted textures. (i removed the lwo created with pso2lwo).
Then, in rtx (in stormpetrel folder) :
for file in `find . -iname "*.pso"` ; do
> echo $file
done

And there begins the fun :D
bad uv on 1_StormPetrel_Canopy_T.PSO, StormPetrel_CP_T.PSO .

Nevertheless, the lwo are created.
So i try to load the setup.lws; after asking for each ship part, lightwave outputs 'Infinite parenting loop detected and removed' and then freezes D

I'm probably missing something obvious there, but i just can't find it. Any help ?

More
17 years 4 months ago #15673 by Jasper
Replied by Jasper on topic fun with .pso

Originally posted by tak

hi,

Following Jasper's great tutorial, i did the batch conversion of textures, it worked fine; i also tried pso2lwo, and it worked fine also (setup.lws opens fine, all ship parts are there).

In the stormpetrel folder, i have the original game files, plus the converted textures. (i removed the lwo created with pso2lwo).
Then, in rtx (in stormpetrel folder) :
for file in `find . -iname "*.pso"` ; do
> echo $file
done

And there begins the fun :D
bad uv on 1_StormPetrel_Canopy_T.PSO, StormPetrel_CP_T.PSO .

Nevertheless, the lwo are created.
So i try to load the setup.lws; after asking for each ship part, lightwave outputs 'Infinite parenting loop detected and removed' and then freezes D

I'm probably missing something obvious there, but i just can't find it. Any help ?

That's probably a bug in my converter, not one i remember tho.

I'll check when i get time.

Can you post the file sizes of all the storm petrel .pso's, and if you have a way of getting checksums for files (md5 or whatever) post them too, that way i can check we've got the same files and yours arn't corrupted or something.

---

---

More
17 years 4 months ago #15686 by tak
Replied by tak on topic fun with .pso
Thanks jasper for answering; and by the way thanks much for the tool and the tutorial you wrote :)

I just found out that it might well be a lightwave 5.6 installation problem . Sorry for that.
(missing the import/export plugins vsformat.p and trans3d.p - i'll gladly accept any help to get those.. email at clacos at gmail dot com).

As a last try before posting the md5s, i tried to open the setup.lws with cinema4d, and it opened fine !!!, except that the textures were not applied to the models (but cinema4d created one material per iff texture).
And as cambragol managed to succesfully convert the storm petrel, i'm guess my problem lies in ligthwave...

md5 in case they're useful anyway
1_StormPetrel_Canopy_T.PSO           1.36kb        e4e5088de7bdc8fb5a05eff663f806e3
1_StormPetrel_CP_T.PSO                  28.4kb       c46b635bf4fe9820d937739e9293eb5a 
1_StormPetrel_NoCP_T.PSO              22.3kb        1b30feb9e6d0e03ee54c5bd8e51e1566   
2_StormPetrel_T.PSO                        9.88kb        6e8153a3124a69faa85871345d71e62f
Adult_Cal_JB_T.PSO                         23.7kb      4408e2d8ca3725951e7cf17fe5a6ca46
CallSeated_rough_T.PSO                     22.8kb                  bb6d61fb606b946cacb91bb45bcb9ae3
Chair_RTO_T.PSO                               15.8kb       dddc3ecddc7b2435f15ae39a7d9dd5ef
NewYoungCalJB_T.PSO                         25.9kb        e0f5b493deb239c4461c3c7602006552
StormPetrel_Canopy_T.PSO                   1.36kb                    de991147949001db26a182cbefe348e5
StormPetrel_CP_T.PSO                          22.7kb      951b9babd3f86ef33de22b89f020f58b
StormPetrel_NoCP_T.PSO                      46.6kb       fefabbf7dac42db559f7e90952edbf90