What about the new SD model?

More
19 years 10 months ago #11014 by Second Chance
Thanks. You should see the bridge up close.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11127 by MajorTom
The model looks great :D [8D]

I read there is a Rebel version of the Star Destroyer

Quote from RPGGamer
When the Empire crumbled to pieces after the Battle of Endor, the New Republic took several shipyards intact who were building Star Destroyers of the Imperial-class. Those vessels that were almost complete, were commissioned into the New Republic Navy, but there were still many unfinished hulls available. Instead of scrapping these, the New Republic decided to reconstruct them into the so-called Republic-class star destroyer. They started to come into service about 4 years after Endor.

Thats from here:
rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d ... ic-sd.html

Maybe we could use a slightly differently textured version of the SD instead of the mon calamari carrier for the Beta?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #11138 by Second Chance
I don't like anything from RPGs, but it's totally up to you. You wouldn't even need to retexture, there's no paint job for either, just grey metal.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 10 months ago #11142 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

Maybe we could use a slightly differently textured version of the SD instead of the mon calamari carrier for the Beta?

A SD for the rebels isn't popular.
If SC has the time I would prefer the Mon Calamari even for Beta testings (changing it afterwards would perhaps need additional testings regarding docking).

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #11153 by Second Chance
I've got plenty of time, but no references. I'm having a hella bad time finding usable pics of any Mon Cal ships. And to make matters worse, the carrier (Home One) is even less popular than the cruiser.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11183 by MajorTom
Basically any rebel ship that can carry a wing of fighters would be enough. If it is smaller than an SD it wouldn't matter too much because you'll never see them close enough to each other to make a size comparison (at least not in the beta)

Later we might make capital ships pilotable, or have them move around slowly using an AI pilot.
The SD isn't really too big. It is a bit less than 2km in length isn't it?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site