What about the new SD model?

More
19 years 10 months ago #10446 by MajorTom

Of course, I still don't have this problem no matter how my two ships are oriented. So I still suspect a code problem of some sort.

You're right! And, in multiplayer we have no problems whatsoever when 2 ships dock to each other.

The Map entities in the MP game have static geometry contrary to the SP game. This may be where the problem originates.

The stations in our games are given an update flag to constantly update thier position and hitpoint status. However:
If the docking autopilot on the client does use a map entity/position for reference and it is not updated regularily the solution might be.....

For a start, I'll try and see what happens if we update the "arena center" position on the client at regular intervals during the game. (Hopefully the map won't desolve or start jumping around)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10616 by Roi Danton
Is there something new about the progress of the StarDestroyer? (and other SW models, too?)

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 10 months ago #10618 by MajorTom
I guess we'll have to wait until Second Chance gets back from his "Business" ;) trip.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10784 by Second Chance

Is there something new about the progress of the StarDestroyer? (and other SW models, too?)

Only that the SD mesh is finished. I still have a way to go optimizing and converting it to Lightwave. I'll start on the Tie Bomber shortly.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11011 by Second Chance

Yes there is!

Here is a pic of the untextured Star Destroyer in game! Woohoo!

As you can see, I was quite far away when I took this pic. This sucker is BIG! Flying along its length and across its surface was sooo cool. It would be awsome if there were some engagements where you had to fly very close to it. And check out the target lock icon!

Should I post this pic in the main forums, or wait until it's textured?

And don't forget to check out the new Tie Bomber model.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11012 by Roi Danton
Hey, looks great! Nice details on the top of the bridge.

Originally posted by Second Chance

Should I post this pic in the main forums, or wait until it's textured?

I would wait until it's textured b/c then the Woohoo effect for the audience is bigger. [8D]

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com