What about the new SD model?

More
19 years 11 months ago #18114 by Second Chance
Has anybody looked at the new Star Destroyer model yet? Only two people in the main forum commented. And nobody in the atari forum has (although admittedly the forums seem to be dead right now). I thought it was so much better than the first one, I really thought it would have caused more of a stir. Well, if you haven't seen it yet, better to look on my website. There are more (and better) pics there.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10275 by MajorTom
I think it looks really cool, I guess people are just spoiled by all the cool models, [?]

btw: I wanted to ask; can you set up an interim version of it with only the collision hull and the docking bay including dockports?

I would like to test how it is ingame and to see if the frame rates drop extremly when you go inside to dock, it'll also be interesting to see how the docking autopilot reacts.

Would it hold you up from the real work a lot, if you made some kind of test object?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10283 by Second Chance
Ok, I guess I could do that. The collision hull won't be made by just reducing polys on the ship model this time, it's far too complex a shape. So I'm going to have to custom craft a collision hull for it with all the right bits, and the docking bay. The model is complete enough to start work on the collision hull, but it'll take time. Or even better, if your plan is just to test out docking, I could make a special mock-up with just the main dagger shape and a hangar bay. You won't need all the little ship details to test that.

I'll start it right away.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 10 months ago #10285 by MajorTom
If a mock up won't delay the model too much that would be fine
(and maybe usefull for you too when you actually do the real collision hull?)

I wanted to do some concept testing with it, before you get too deep into the model, just to make sure it "works" like we want it too.

Edit/
if it's really worth it: a frame rate drop inside the untextured hull may not be comparable with the textured version at all?? I'll definately leave it up to you.
/Edit

More
19 years 10 months ago #10367 by Second Chance
I don't think docking in the hangar bay is going to be any problem. I just finished the mock-up you wanted and docked the command section inside of it. Perfection! :D

You should have the files by now. I've included 9 dockports, please try to fill them all and see what happens. I just picked the number nine out of the air, I'll put however many you want on the finished product.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10382 by MajorTom
I didn't get the files [:(]

My mailbox was pretty full with some Movie designs from Tarcoon, can you please try to send them again?