Delayed SFoil animation on the X-Wing

More
19 years 11 months ago #10034 by Shane
Can you reset the speed via POG after the animation? I seem to remember a function that sets a targets speed/heading (vector).

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10037 by MajorTom
Thanks Shane, I've tried that meanwhile but although it has a visible effect it doesn't work like we want it to:
the ship moves briefly but still comes to a halt.

Maybe an Input.PurgeBindings(); is an integral part of the iDirector function? I tried calling ResumeBindings but that didn't help either.

But thinking on this farther, I can try to store and then reset the the sims object properties for speed directly.

We'll see.....

Edit/
I wish we knew a way to call the F3 function directly, but apparently you can't a function like "icDirector.ExternalCamera" directly. Hmm I wonder if there is an iDirector.ExternalCamera (even though thats not in the header)
/Edit

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #10039 by Second Chance
Is the ship stopped during the movie as well? Perhaps iDirector stops the ship and just pans the camera around it. It might be hard to tell which one was moving in space.

Not immediately helpful, I know. But I thought it might give you fresh ideas on where to look to solve the problem. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #10041 by MajorTom
No, iDirector doesn't stop the ship, you can clearly see that it continues on it's path (using the sims in the background as a reference) while the dolly camera pans across the front of the X-Wing.
It gets stopped immediatly after iDirector is ended at the moment you're switched back to the Hud view.

If you have the mod installed, I can send you the new script per email (70kb) so you can see it yourself?

I'm still trying to figure out the sims object properties for speed right now, to see if I can reset them.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #10042 by Second Chance
Yes, please. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #10043 by MajorTom