Delayed SFoil animation on the X-Wing

More
19 years 11 months ago #10558 by MajorTom
Which laterals do you have on the hat?
Thrusters left and right or laterals up and down?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10563 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

Which laterals do you have on the hat?
Thrusters left and right or laterals up and down?

I have both on the Hat:
Code:
[icPlayerPilot.LateralX] Joystick1, JoyPov1Right Joystick1, JoyPov1Left, inverse [icPlayerPilot.LateralY] Joystick1, JoyPov1Up Joystick1, JoyPov1Down, inverse

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 11 months ago #10572 by Tarcoon
Watching the wings to open seems to me a bit like watching the docking sequence to lucretias base. After a few times you press the space bar to skip it. I think it is enough to hear your s-foils to open. If you want to watch the scene hit F3.
Often I try to combat with my wings closed and in this emergency situation I have to start the sequence and hit F1 twice for fighting without the cockpit. I have to release override and strafing for that and my foes kick me out of direction. We should not enforce the animation to be seen.

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 11 months ago #10575 by MajorTom
If we don't force the External view, it is odd to see the wings animate at a later time (if you should select an external view.)

From a practical perspective however, I'm starting to tend towards Tarcoons opinion.
During testing, I often forget to open them because, I don't always fly the same ship (which is what we want players to do also).

We should also remember, the X-Wing isn't the only Ship with SFoils; the B-Wing has them too. But, the only ships that have SFoils are the rebel ships. If we "force" the external view, that may be considered a disadvantage for Rebels?

Btw, Tarcoon why the heck are you doing battle without the Hud? ;)
Do you still have the Target reticle? Without it, You'll probably have trouble dropping bombs and firing the Energy Bomb in the B-Wing.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10597 by Tarcoon
That's a matter of skill.

For bombing you don't have to have the target reticle. You have to come close, stay in motion and drop the bombs at the stations. Try it yourself.
I managed to kill the academy station - two gunstars were my comrads by firing at me with the station lined up. A real problem are the two fighters with changing attack vectors. It was a lucky evening.:p
The B-wing is well equiped with Anti-Fighter Weapons and it's rather hard to hit[^]

For fighting TIE's without HUD "r" and "F6" are my best friends...

More
19 years 10 months ago #10601 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

But, the only ships that have SFoils are the rebel ships. If we "force" the external view, that may be considered a disadvantage for Rebels?

No, they don't have a disadvantage b/c of the following reasons (regarding the Original StarWars settings):
- Rebel Ships have Shields instead of the standard TIE versions (TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber)
- Rebel Ships have more weapons regarding Rockets/Torpedos than the standard TIE versions

We have to consider that the people who are playing this mod also have played X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance like us, too. So we shouldn't ignore the balancings of these games (weak TIE Fighters).

I think the SFoils are THAT difference by playing rebel ships and imperial ships. Currently the Rebel ships (their shields) are too weak comparing to the TIEs imho.

Btw, germany - netherlands 1:1 ;) (DL:30', NL:81')

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com