file Nolan's Intro from Dogs of War

More
11 years 8 months ago #17242 by 7upMan
Well, I'm writing missions for the Doom 3 mod The Dark Mod, which means to re-create Thief: The Dark Project with a modern graphics engine ( www.thedarkmod.com/main/ ). So I can definitely imagine writing story missions for another game, but I'm not there yet. Let me finish I-War (second time), Defiance (first time) and Independence War 2 (first time as well), then I'll move to TS/US.

Anyway, I thank everyone who puts his energy into an "abandoned" game like Independence War 2. I sure hope that with GOG.com and their offerings, many new players will flock to these old gems and bring the community back to a new life.

P.S.: This forum software is missing the option to inform me when there are new posts. Admin, is there any way to add such a feature, even if that was only for threads I created myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #17243 by SoupDragon
I'll look into it 7upMan.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19432 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Nolan's Intro
I just re-watched that Nolan's intro video. That takes me back! It was such fun working on that. Hilarious (not that it meant to be...just...made me laugh looking at it is all). Too bad the higher def version seems to be lost. I recall it looking much better at the time we made it.

After making that video, and probably realizing it was terribly amateurish, we decided to go with a few written fiction vignettes to set up the Torn Stars game and setting. Those stories are still there as "Lore" on the Torn Stars website, written by yours truly. What fun!

More
8 years 11 months ago #19433 by Chessking
I have heard about Nolan's intro... but I have never been able to find it. It is not in the downloads section, and all of the old links are dead.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19434 by schmatzler
It is still there, just in the old section of the website:

www.i-war2.com/oldmainpage/downloads/Nolans%20Intro.zip

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19437 by Chessking
Thanks!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel