Getting the good stuff

More
17 years 1 month ago #18974 by Rockonrrh
Anyone know where I can find an LDS 3 drive, two quad missile launchers, a secondary ring for reactor, level 3or4 passive and active sensors, advanced thrusters, interceptor drive, and a docking turret?

I have searched everywhere, but cant find them for sell anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16394 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Getting the good stuff
Torn Stars has very limited upgrades. The ones you are looking for are not in the game. USpace has more upgrades, and Traffic will have an even larger set.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16395 by Rockonrrh
Replied by Rockonrrh on topic Getting the good stuff
How unfortunate.... seriously, upgrading a bad ass unique ship is half the fun of owning this game.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16396 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Getting the good stuff
The issue is that the player quickly becomes super powerful. A patcom with full upgrades cannot be hit by NPC weapons if piloted by someone who is not asleep. We don't have many ways of limiting that kind of power build. I am open to ideas. I don't have any good solutions.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16397 by Rockonrrh
Replied by Rockonrrh on topic Getting the good stuff
Is it possible to make them very expensive and tone down their effects? This way the player can still earn lots of money to buy good equipment, but not be indestructible to AI.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16398 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Getting the good stuff
I think that is more or less the route we are heading. We can now make all new 'upgrades' thanks to Grandpatrouts new loadout. I agree that upgrading a bad ass ship can be fun. However, we are kindof leaning away from upgrading ships as the 'drive' for players to earn money etc. In the long run we are hoping to shift that drive to the Factions. I believe. That doesn't preclude us from having a nice set of upgrades though.