Dam it to hell!

More
17 years 5 months ago #18893 by oldwarrior40k
Ok it’s time for the old man to rant. Why am I stuck with the ugliest ship in the history of space sims? Even the name (TUG) makes me want to grab my ho-hos and yell out F you bitch. How about a nice starting ship like the one in Firefly? Each station I visit at I’m the laughing stock of the galaxy,

Ok all jokes aside I freaking love this mod.

Suggestions:

1- In my last encounter I was in Emerald, flying around depressed because I did not have a good enough standing to get some things I wanted. I see that the station is getting attacked by a group called (empty?) They must be foreigners or something. Anyway I decide to attack them in hopes of scaring them off with my ugly ass piece of crap ship. To my surprise I was able to hold my own and take down 6 of them. My standing with the station should have changed for helping them but it did not. It would be nice if somehow it did.

2- How about a few abandoned ships scattered throughout the game for those like me who have very few skills in moving up in the game but still want to enjoy it? A few back doors to move up the game would be nice only because some of us (me) don’t want to leave the game in frustration. I would consider myself a good example. I am at the moment frustrated because I can’t seem to get anywhere in the game. After playing about 20-30 hours of the game all I have to show for it is 20.000 credits. I am not a good player but god I love the mod.

Coding and modding is no joke, it takes a ton of time and dedication to make a good mod. I have retired for the 2nd time and now have a little time on my hands. I would love to in some way help out. If anyone could point me to some tutorials I would give it a try to learn as quickly as I can and become a contributing member. This forum has a great bunch of guys and I hope it continues for a long time.

The laughter in the station has died down so I’m going to try and sneak out. God, I go to sleep in my bunk thinking about a nice bird of prey to fly in this game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15644 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Dam it to hell!
I am glad your enjoying it! And your going to like Uspace. It reworks the reputation system among many other things.

Because USpace is due out soon I will send a cheat code your way. Start EoC. Before you load your game, go into the main menu and use the Extras screen. In there is a mod called Debug. Turn that on. Start your game. When you open the Ship Comp menu (o), there will be many new options. One is zAdd Million. Pretend you won the lottery. I recommend saving after that. Then restart the game, but turn the debug back off. (It was only intended for development and has side effects).

More
17 years 5 months ago #15647 by oldwarrior40k
Replied by oldwarrior40k on topic Dam it to hell!
Thanks GrandpaTrout, I can't wait to open up the game to more options.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15648 by oldwarrior40k
GrandpaTrout: I sent myself a couple of email messages from the forum. I did not get them. Maybe someone should look into this.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15660 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Dam it to hell!
Hi Oldwarrior, the email from the forum is sometimes broken (but it seems random, just to be annoying). I have sent a response, let me know if you don't get it.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15661 by oldwarrior40k
Hello GrandpaTrout. Nothing, no emails. I have been in an email click fest waiting for your file hahahahaha. Thanks