wow!

More
17 years 6 months ago #18877 by Benji
wow! was created by Benji
I'm so damn lucky I stumbled into this mod! now all I need is to find my old I-war 2 cd's somewhere....

Seriously, big respect for still working on the game so long after its release. One of the best space sims yet! Let's see what you've done with it :D

Benji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15544 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic wow!
The first release of Torn Stars was just the beginning. We have another huge release in the works right now. Beta testers will be needed this winter.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15545 by Benji
Replied by Benji on topic wow!
Well, if you need more, I'd be happy to help out!

as soon as I find my second cd that is :(

More
17 years 6 months ago #15603 by Benji
Replied by Benji on topic wow!
So, I installed I-war2 and decided to play the stock campaign first. Great fun but after a couple of hours I decided to install torn space. Also great fun! exept it crashed after a while, so I decided to finish my campaign first. I deleted the mods folder, and replaced it with the backup. Worked fine... exept after half an hour it crashed again! So did you change any files outside the mod folder, or is it just a fluke of bad luck. I never had crashes before.

Very impressive how far you've managed to mod the engine, with the new interface stuff by the way!

More
17 years 5 months ago #15605 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic wow!
Outside the mods folder, TornStars only makes a tiny change to the Flux.ini file. The same change that the Elite mod puts in (increases subsystem damage). That should not cause crashes.

Oh, there is one other change. The movies. We replace the spinning heads with planets. Again, I can't see how that would cause or prevent crashes, but I have been flanked by bugs before.