The Spewer Mod - cant seem to get it working

More
17 years 6 months ago #18875 by Generis71
Hi folks,

So far, the mod doesn't seem to be working. When I buy cargo, the pods just appear in space, and when I sell them they just disappear. They are being bought and sold as they should be, but they aren't going onto the four conveyors (at least I think thats what the spewer is). I ask my SNRV to dock to the station, then proceed with the buying or selling. I've put the files in the correct folder, which is mods/MS Mod Main. The only difference is that the readme asks me to backup two files which it says are there. But they aren't. I assume that because its a fresh install.

Any advice would be great. BTW the Torn Stars is brilliant :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15529 by cambragol
The spewer mod was made by mdvalley, so he is the only one who can answer questions regarding it with authority. Did you activate it in the 'extras' when you started Torn Stars? I have used the spewer mod in Unstable Space testing (it is integrated now) so I know that you should be seeing the pods moving on and off the conveyer (spewer). Maybe a you need to start a new game with the mod activated?

More
17 years 6 months ago #15530 by Generis71
Ok I've tried a new game and still nothing happens with the spewer. Also tried the Megatrucking mod and I get the megafreighter, but no megapods. The ship is bare.
Also the cargo pods just attach to the ship, which the ship has to fly to and dock, and not have the pods manoever to the ship.
I'm following the installation as its written, and putting the zip files into the mod folder as normal.

I'm really stumped with this one.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15531 by mdvalley
The folder you want to unpack to is MS_Mod_Main\packages. (Seems I have a typo in the readme there.) There will be a whole bunch of .pkg files in it. (Backup and) unzip your pkg files into there.

tMegatrucking has a newer version of tSpewerOps in it, so you should use that even if you don’t plan on playing with the megafreighters.

Hope this helps.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15532 by Generis71
I'm Installing EOC, then patching using EOC_Patch_1 the EOC_Patch_2. Then I'm running Torn Stars. I put the Megafreighter Mod into the mods folder. Then I extract the pkg files from the Megafreighter zip and put them into MS_MOD_MAIN/packages. I run EOC and activate the Megafreighter mod and then shut it down to register the change. Then run the game and start a new game.

Right. Its working :) and its Brilliant hehe. I made sure I shut down and restarted EOC after every change. Maybe that helps.

I wonder, is it possible to buy extra megapods for the megafreighter?

You know, that mod really adds a major part to what is a brilliant package that is Torn Stars. I've often talked with friends about space sims and having them be realistic. Normally, when you buy cargo, your mainly just clicking on a menu and the stuff appears in your hold. With the mod (and Iwar2 in general, you can see cargo pods actually on ships, entering the stations. It just adds that missing link which I think is a big part of space trading in a game. It just feels like your actually handling cargo, rather than just pretending its in the hold.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15534 by mdvalley
Thanks for the kind words :)

I wrote the megatrucking package as a base for future development, rather than an actual add-on. The megafreighter save is mostly there to test it out. So while the mod is fine with adding more megapods, there is no actual mechanism coded for the player to acquire them. You will have to bug the other developers to write something in. [:P]