The Spewer Mod - cant seem to get it working

More
17 years 6 months ago #15536 by cambragol
mdvalley has long been the guru of realism around here. We have totally integrated the pod handling mod of his creation into Unstable Space. Not too sure about megafreighters though...

But I agree with you Generis71, actually being able to move pods around adds a lot to the game. They have a tangible reality. Rather than just being numbers on a trade screen. It is little bits of realism like that which adds a lot to Eoc, and Torn Stars. As time has gone by creating Torn Stars, and Unstable Space, we have noticed more and more that we have favored realism in many of the things we added. And I suspect there will more to come with our penultimate release, Traffic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15546 by Generis71
Well I'm currently shifting cargo between metal mines and processing stations.. ah the life of a trader is a simple one.
I think that this kind of realism isn't integrated into the other space sims mainly because the majority of people don't want to "do the realism" bit and like to concentrate on the combat. But its good people such as yourselves that satisfy people like me who do like the geeky stuff. Well its not really geeky actually is it, its roleplaying. And its all the more a better experience for the work you've done. Man, I do envy you guys for being able to create these game worlds for us to exist in.

I wished I could contribute something, even if it was a little money. Don't have much but you folks really do work hard. Have you thought of working to something you'd be able to sell? I reckon if it adds so much great depth, I'd buy it. Modders really are the unsung heroes when it comes to making pc games so unique.

Oh, PS: In TS, Do you have to upgrade your rep or does it raise itself over time as you trade?

More
17 years 5 months ago #15550 by JT
You have to upgrade your rep. Probably the least realistic part of the game. =)

As for going commercial with Torn Stars, I think all mods are property of Particle Systems and the licence agreement of POG prohibits commercial use. Sadly...

Code:
6. MODS / MOD EDITORS may not be sold, bartered, or distributed with any other product for which any charge is made (other than incidental charges for time spent on-line), but rather must be distributed free of charge. 7. By distributing or permitting the distribution of any MODS / MOD EDITORS, all creators or owners of any trademark, copyright, or other right, title or interest therein grant to PARTICLE SYSTEMS and INFOGRAMES an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable right to use and distribute the MOD / MOD EDITOR by any means (whether now known or hereafter invented), and to create and distribute by any means (whether now known or hereafter invented) derivative works thereof, and to charge for the distribution of such MOD / MOD EDITOR or such derivative work, with no obligation to account to any creators or owners of the MOD / MOD EDITOR in any manner.

I wish licence writers didn't include that last clause, since that's just flat-!*$%ing ridiculous. I hate it when companies claim other people's work as their own just because the other people made the content using their software. Next thing you know, Microsoft will write in clauses that any software made on Windows belongs to them. =P

"Important Note to Purchasers: This is a 100% matter product; in the unlikely event that this merchandise should contact antimatter in any form, a catastrophic explosion will result."

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.