Unstable Space Restarts

More
17 years 6 months ago #18864 by GrandpaTrout
Fusion Drive Restart Sequence Initiated....
Deuterium Injectors nominal
Primary ring magnetics at 50 percent and stable
Clear for neutronim strike ignition....NOW
Fusion restart sequence complete!

Hey Crew,

Cambragol, Joco and I all made it back into the command module this week. Powerup and systems checks are underway. We should be drilling rock in short order.

We have a spiffy new code archive, thanks to Joco. Cambragol is pulling together the new help files. And I am working on getting a new build put together.

Pull on your flight gear and climb in!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15502 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Unstable Space Restarts
YAY! Soooo glad to see y'all back - I just tried a new "space sim" (in the way Freelancer was ;8>. *retch*) called "Darkstar One" and it was a putrid waste of $50... Heck, IWar 2 is already infinitely superior, so Traffic/Unstable Space 'bout makes me drool! It truly is the only legitimate successor to Elite's crown I've seen in ages.

Le Roi est mort. Vive le Roi!

More
17 years 6 months ago #15503 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Unstable Space Restarts
Bah, and I had just mothballed my comsec. Now I have to run through my whole pre-flight routine again.

Let's see...

Flight control column operating freely... check.
Main computer system... nominal.
Full complement of root beer... NEGATIVE.

Dammit! =(

Freelancer wasn't a space sim. If you go into it expecting a space sim, you'll be very disappointed. If you go into it expecting an action-adventure game, however, you'll be very pleased. I love it, myself. =)

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15507 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space Restarts
We are glad to be back! Having a blast so far. The game is playing and looking good.

I also tried out Darkstar One the other day. Travelled all the way to Akhihabara to get it. Lasted about 10 minutes. Just...sad.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15516 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Unstable Space Restarts
Yeah, Darkstar One is the synthesis of the worst apsects of the X series and Freelancer >.<

More
17 years 6 months ago #15538 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Unstable Space Restarts
YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

Excellent news! And this time I think I can beta test! If winter holydays are free and noting comes up, I’m awaiting orders!

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”