Can't jump to other systems

More
18 years 4 months ago #18684 by NarsilFMJ
I just installed Torn Stars and for some reason I can't jump out of the system you start in. I have a capsule drive so what gives? Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14511 by andrewas
In Iwar2, the autopilot will skip systems. Orignaly, this was a benefit, all it did was save you some travel time and perhaps cut down on the number of random encounters. In Torn Stars, however, this behaviour lets you skip some of the more dangerous systems. Therefore, the autopilot has been prevented from making outsystem jumps .. or is it prevented from making jumps entirely?

You will have to fly between systems manually. Use the starmap to select the L-point you wish to jump through. Zoom in on it, and you will be able to use the left and right cursors to select a destination. Select your destination, return to normal view, and fly through the L-point going in the right direction, and you should jump.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14512 by NarsilFMJ
Thanks for the help.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14513 by cambragol
Andrewas is correct about why the autopilot was removed. It was a radical step, taking out the auto-pilot, but completely necessary to preserve the entire economy and many other aspects of the game. In the next release, Unstable Space, we will be making some major changes to the way jumping works. We think for the better.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15319 by Alouzon
Replied by Alouzon on topic Can't jump to other systems
maybe i'm an idiot or something, but i've been trying for hours trying to jump through the L-point manually. From the Hoel L-point in the Alcuin system, i've tried getting to several destination for example going to the Bumpy star system using Jennys L-point as a target. I have Jennys l-point highlighted as i try to go through, and I've even tried to Highlight the hoel L-point marker, but nother seems to work to get me through the L-point. I've done all i can do in the Alcuin system, and I'm ready to give up on the mod because i can't go anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

More
17 years 10 months ago #15320 by GrandpaTrout
To manually jump you target the lpoint where you are leaving. You open the joystick menu, select "nav", then select jump route. It gives you a list of possible destination systems. Once you select one, the capsule jump symbol appears on your hud with the target destination name. Then you must manually fly into the lpoint (do not turn on your autopilot at any point in this process).

That should allow you to jump. The manual is not very clear, took me a while to figure it out the first time. Good luck.