How will new content be added to the game?

More
18 years 5 months ago #18655 by tiger_tim_b
Will it come in the form of a replacement mod file, or will it patch the Torn Stars mod that is currently in place (very happily) on my PC?

Just wondering...

Palm sweatifyingly good work, guys. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14281 by cambragol
Most likely (correct me if I am wrong Joco or GT) it will be a patch installer that will automatically install/overwrite whatever files are needed. Nice and simple-like.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14283 by tiger_tim_b
Noice. :-)

I understand there are a few minor creases to be ironed out with the current Torn Stars mod. Is there anything to be aware of that seriously hampers play, just before I dive on in there?

Can't wait!

More
18 years 5 months ago #14285 by gnavpot
You may want to know that one of the available ships cannot be equipped with a capsule drive. And there is no warning when you are buying it. That will cost you 150-200k to discover the hard way.

Other than that, the game is very playable, and I really enjoy it.

Edit:
And you should be aware that TS overwrites your existing I-War2 installation. So if you want to leave that installation unchanged, you should look for one of the threads describing how to do two parallel installations.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14286 by tiger_tim_b
Aaaaaaah. This I did not know. No biggie, as I'm guessing it doesn't affect my EoC saved games.

Thanks for letting me know, gnavpot.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14432 by Bozobub
Well, Torn Stars doesn't affect your savegames, but EoC saved games will not work in Torn Stars, or of course vice versa. Yes, I tried, just to see what would happen :D . Since the "Ultimate Freeform" scenario only works on vanilla EoC (that I know of), I keep both on HD.