Bug? No compatible docks

More
18 years 5 months ago #18652 by gnavpot
I get the same error as described by kisu1492 in the old "Epic: Middle states bug reports" thread.

When I try to dock my Tug to any station, neutral or friendly, i am told that there are no compatible docks. Saving in space, restarting TS and loading the savegame does not solve the problem. Neither does docking and then undocking to a pod.

If I get blown out of the sky, my life saving pod can dock to a station, but this is a rather expensive way to solve the problem.

Back in the thread mentioned above, GrandpaTrout asked for a savegame from before the problem occured. I have savegames from before and after which I can mail if anyone is interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14226 by GrandpaTrout
Hi gnavpot, It seems the trouble was the traffic scripts that were spawning near the station. Those traffic scripts took all the valid docking ports. If you want to discover the cause of your trouble, fly close to the station and look at the docking ports. If there are ships attached, that is the problem.

I suggest flying to another station (to force the game to create traffic for the new station) and then fly back to the station where you want to dock. The game should create new traffic, that hopefully will not take all of the docking places.

This will be fixed in the traffic release when we are designing our own docking scripts.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14259 by gnavpot
Replied by gnavpot on topic Bug? No compatible docks
When I saw your answer, my first thought was "Bullshit, I have tried docking to 6-8 stations in 3-4 systems. I have even saved the game and restarted Torn Stars inbetween."

So I tried to dock once more just to prove you wrong. To my surprise, I docked with no problems.

Thank you very much.