Typos

More
18 years 5 months ago #18651 by gnavpot
Typos was created by gnavpot
The customs script seems to have two typos. (Perhaps more than two - the text disappears rather quickly.)

1. It is "seize", not "sieze".

2. It is "You're free to go", not "Your free to go"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14229 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Typos
Thanks! We clearly needed more editing before release. If you find more, please post.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14258 by gnavpot
Replied by gnavpot on topic Typos
Well, I suppose that they assess the value of your goods.

If you can give me the full Torn Stars dialogue as text, I will happily go through it and see if I can hunt down more typos. I assume that it doesn't contain spoilers.

While we are talking customs, I have a few minor playability issues with this part of the game:

1. 10 km is very short. It is very easy to accidentily get past the 10 km mark in a Tug if I hit the throttle after a jump to avoid being run down from behind. An earlier warning when approaching a jump gate would also be nice.

2. If I am busy looking at the map during the customs event, it is easy to miss the "You have nothing to declare. You are free to go" message. So I sometimes sit there in space, afraid to move because I am not certain that I have been released. Some kind of message on the screen all the time while they search the ships would be nice. Alternatively, the last message could require an answer from the player.

3. If the game is saved after the customs handling and then reloaded, a new customs event is triggered, so customs are payed twice. At least I think I have seen this behaviour, but I have not tried to reproduce it.