capturing cargo

More
18 years 5 months ago #18646 by nismo
capturing cargo was created by nismo
Hi.

Does anyone know how to capture cargo pods once you have scared a freighter into dropping them? The pods are red (hostile color) and I can't get them to turn blue so my hauler will pick them up I tried the old 'tag' button from EoC, but to no avail... any ideas?

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14183 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic capturing cargo
Just use the 'j' key to hack pods and convert them to blue for pickup by your freighter.
Though, I am not sure if this works when they are red...

More
18 years 3 months ago #14558 by Howly
Replied by Howly on topic capturing cargo
I "aquired";) some cargo, gold, platinum and rare metals containers but can't find anywhere to off load them.

Can someone give me a blatant hint please.:D

Love the Torn Stars mod btw, beats the hell out X2 and X3 by Egosoft.:D

Cheers,

Howly

Cheers,

Howly

More
18 years 3 months ago #14559 by cambragol
If those goods are 'aquired', you will need to sell them to a fence. You cannot sell illicitly 'acquired' cargo at any regular stations. Look for a blue (i.e. contactable) ship in your contact list in the vicinity of certain less reputable stations...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Very glad that you are enjoying the game. We are certainly enjoying making it and really appreciate people playing it, and also praising it of course!

More
18 years 3 months ago #14560 by Howly
Replied by Howly on topic capturing cargo
Hi cambragol,

I have also searched the 'fences' but can't find one that will take these goods. Any hints?

Are there certain goods that you just cannot sell anywhere?

And Thank You for all the work you guys have put into this mod. I have tried to play the Buda5 mod too but it still has too many problems and causes too many crashes. All crashes I've had even the few with Middle States are with the Loader.exe in the bin folder. Do you have any hints for that issue also?

Thanks for your responses.

Cheers,

Howly

Cheers,

Howly

More
18 years 3 months ago #14561 by cambragol
Ahhh..I may have advised you incorrectly. You many need to take the cargo to a pod scrapper I believe (certain cargo is a remenant of the original game, and until the traffic scripts are re-written will have to be dealt with via the 'pod-scrapper')

And of course your very welcome for the mod. As for that Loader crash...could you give a bit more info?