capturing cargo

More
18 years 3 months ago #14562 by Howly
Replied by Howly on topic capturing cargo
Haven't found any pod-scrappers yet, any clue where they might be hiding?

All I know is that the Loader.exe crashes and I get the send to Microshaft message tab. Apparently it's causing an illegal process. It seems very random and a few times has completely locked up my system. It seems a little more stable since I used compatibility at Win95 setting.

My system is a AMD 2600+, 1Gb of 3200 ram and a GF6600GT.

Cheers,

Howly

Cheers,

Howly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14570 by JT
Replied by JT on topic capturing cargo
There's a pod scrapper right at the Alcuin Shipyards, where you start the game. He's always there. =)

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15406 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic capturing cargo
yeah I've also had problems with the loader.exe doesent seem to be any keying factor though I just keep saving my game until there's a fix.(hopefully)

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

More
17 years 8 months ago #15413 by Shiva Archon
Replied by Shiva Archon on topic capturing cargo
Avoid the loader.exe bug by manually flying to stations in LDS. Torn Stars sometimes freaks out when you try autopiloting to stations, but you'll never get the error if you fly manually. It takes some getting used to but you'll get the hang of it. The bug seems to occur when flying to station that orbit planets or moons, so L-points are probably OK to autopilot to.

Watch out you don't hit any planets though!

More
17 years 8 months ago #15415 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic capturing cargo
This bug is fixed in Unstable Space. It had to do with the distance of stations from planets. In US they are a fair bit further away.