Suggested Feature - Assasination / Intimidation

More
18 years 6 months ago #18610 by JonnyBoy
Not sure how easy this would be to implement but I was thinking about an old space sim I used to play on the Amiga called Frontier.

In this when you docked to a station there was a section where you could get missions from people - go to system X and kill so and so or chase this person when they leave here and scare them away etc.

Just a thought to break up cargo shuffling :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #14022 by Bozobub
Heh... I'm willing to bet many of the people who are in development of AND playing Torn Stars have played Elite, Frontier: Elite 2 and Frontier: First Encounters, especially since all are legal freeware now. Those games are definitely part of the inspiration of Torn Stars! Even seen GrandpaTrout say so, at least for Elite. :)

BTW, you can easily Google for 'em but if you have trouble finding any of those three games I can help there.

I even found a Java Elite (no sound) runing on one webpage..! The entire game, too. o.O I actually have the compiled Java and source code for that version. :D

More
18 years 6 months ago #14024 by andrewas
Technicaly, FE2 and FFE are shareware, not freeware. Im not sure on the actual situation for the orignal elite, but since Ian Bell is distributing it, it seems OK.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14240 by pr0fez
I played Elite on my Spectrum 48k with a microdrive. Weird little thingies.

uh ... wait, that makes me old.

*doh*

| Raphael aka pr0fez
| Observe the Power of Syntactic Sugar!

More
18 years 5 months ago #14271 by tiger_tim_b
Hey... does anyone consider Frontier: Elite 2 still playable? I feel like I really missed out on that one. I blame University. Got in the way of so many things. ;-)

More
18 years 5 months ago #14272 by cambragol
I sometimes play it on my PDA using dosbox. It feels a little empty though. But still fun.