Capsule Jumps in Epic

More
18 years 6 months ago #18567 by Hendar23
Am I the only one who can't do a manual c-jump?

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13766 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
Are you asking how to do a jump? Or reporting that something goes wrong when you try it?

Have you upgraded out of your LifePod?

More
18 years 6 months ago #13767 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
Meaning you know how to do a manual jump but it's not working? Or you've never made a manual jump?

To make a manual jump:

When you approach the L-point you'll be using, open the Starmap. Target the L-point. Above the HUD indicator you'll see the label Jump Destination (or something like that). Press the up arrow on your keyboard to activate this label. In the upper left hand corner of your screen you will see the current destination of the selected jump. You can shuffle through destinations by using the left or right arrow keys.
Hit enter to select.

Now just travel through at a good rate of speed.

EDIT: GT got the jump on me again! :D

More
18 years 6 months ago #13774 by Hendar23
Replied by Hendar23 on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
Thanks guys, I was trying to do it wrong. Musta been tired! [:I]

More
18 years 6 months ago #13808 by esraven
Replied by esraven on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
I try to fly in Epic by autopilot to another system starting from a base to another base in the following system.
I selected in the navigation menu (pressing o, selecting navigation) a rare metal processing base in the next system, and selected it as waypoint.

Next I undock, commands my transporter to follow me and press F6 to start the autopilot. But my autopilot system refuses saying that I indicated an out of system waypoint.
The only way I can fly to the selected system is to create a waypoint to the L-point (jumpgate) and then create a jumpgate waypoint to jump to the other system, jump to the other system and then create a waypoint to my selected destination within the system.

Am I doing something wrong is or is this the normal procedure and am I now to much spoilt by the autopilot system of EvE?

Reading my old manual seems to indicate there was a way to autopilot to other systems just by selecting my destination in the other system but that does not seem to work. I also tried it by wading through the menu and selecting there my destination.
Autopilot to a destination is always F6 or am I wrong?

More
18 years 6 months ago #13809 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
The thing is, the game keeps track of what systems you’ve been in. It has a “feature� that lets the autopilot jump clear across the cluster in one hop if you’ve been to the destination system before. Doing this breaks the economy code in Epic. The only way to stop such a jump from happening is to force the player to make all jumps manually.

You should be able to target an in-system L-Point from the starmap and fly to it, but you can’t. That’s a bug. :) Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.