Capsule Jumps in Epic

More
18 years 6 months ago #13810 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
And speaking of this; I've found my capsule jumps retain a memory of my most common trade routes. Two or three trips and I don't even have to open up my map screen... when I target the L-point the destination is already selected.

Was this something crafted for Epic? Or emergent 'ghosts in the machine' from Flux?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13814 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
Yes mdvalley is correct. We removed the autopilot feature because of the original games 'feature' (read: bug) which allows mega hops across the cluster. So all intersystem travel must be done yourself. No autopilot. If we left the autopilot working it would have resulted in the breaking of the whole economy of the Middle States.

In anycase, I personally enjoy taking back control of my ship from the autopilot. Actually flying your ship can be quite enjoyable. We have some plans in the works that will make Lpoints and intersystem travel much more interesting, but I can't say more on that right now.

Shane: I think that may be an emergent 'ghost'. A good one though!

More
18 years 5 months ago #13862 by Leomar
Replied by Leomar on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
I have the problem that i cant use the autopilot to travel to a L-point selected in the starmap, even if it is in my current system.
So I have to select the jump destination in the starmap and configure my autopilot with the navigation-menu.

Is there a way to do this things in one step?

Another difficulty in this game is that the user continually have to step between the navigation-menu (for searching the factorys...) and the starmap (for searching a way to the correct system and counting the necessary jumps).

More
18 years 5 months ago #13867 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Capsule Jumps in Epic
Hi Leomar. Your right we need to add more features to the navigation menu screen.