Movies playing in HUD cause game to pause

More
21 years 7 months ago #2586 by SoupDragon
Also make sure the Lernout and Hauspie Audio CODEC is in position 1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 6 months ago #2794 by Moleculor
What do you mean by 'Position 1'?

Oops. Never mind. Found it.

Edited by - Moleculor on 02 Oct 2002 03:53:43

More
21 years 6 months ago #3007 by Spectre-63
SoupDragon,

I'm looking at my XP setup for the Audio Codecs (under Device Manager) and I don't see the L&H Audio Codec in the list. My understanding, however, is that it is present under XP - how can I tell?

Thx,

More
21 years 6 months ago #3009 by SoupDragon
I don't use XP but I do use W2k, which I believe is similar in configaration. Look under Sounds and Media in the control panel. Click on Hardware then properties. Then click on Audio Codecs and properties. If the HL codec is there, click on it then properties again and you'll see what position it is in and you can change that positon from there.

More
21 years 6 months ago #3032 by Spectre-63
Soup,

not seeing the HL codec, but my understanding is that MS bundled it with a number of other Codecs. I did a search on the 'net looking for the codec and didn't find it. Recommendations on where I can find it?

Thx,

More
21 years 3 months ago #4166 by fuzzy
Hi there,

On a hunch i re-encoded the entire speech directory (using DB Poweramp) into PCM format. I kept the old files and renamed the old directory to 'speech old'. The new speech directory was nearly 300mb. Audio worked fine at first but then the same problems came back again.

So then I thought maybe it wasn't a problem with the ADPCM codec. I once again reencoded the audio but this time as wave mp3 format (yes it is possible) again using DB Poweramp. Sound was fine once again but after about 10 mins the same '30 second wait per HUD speech dialogue' came back. I also disabled the MS and IMA ADPCM codecs so it would not play a standard wave file. The audio worked fine for a few minutes but then the same old prob returned.

So after disabling the ADPCM codecs altogether and reencoding the speech files in a non ADPCM format, the problem remains. Anyone got any other ideas? This looks like its not an issue with the audio codec. Maybe i'm wrong, but can someone at least explain why and has anyone got a definite fix, this is driving me up the wall!!