Flux.ini Does not detect Video card

More
17 years 1 month ago #18975 by Clgseed
Help i cant play the game coz my desktop computer crashed and all i have is my dell 6400 laptop. It has integrated video card GMA 950. I understand it can run old games well. and since EoC is an old game i know it can run it with no problems with lags. Though when i tried running the game a pop up occurs and it says i dont have any aviable video card. i had checked the flux ini and it doesnt detect it. i wonder why any help please? will installing torn star help? or how do i edit my flux.ini to have a video card? please help im dying to play EoC once more and with this torn star mod [V]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16402 by cambragol
Can't really provide any concrete help. You might try upgrading your drivers, or directx install. I once ran EoC on a tiny portege laptop with only 8megs of video ram, and it worked pretty good. But it could at least detect the video card. And the card itself was not integrated.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16404 by Clgseed
I already updated my video card driver to the latest release...
Though i havent tried reinstalling direct X coz i dont know where to download the version 10. Direct x 10 came up when i installed windows vista. anyways ill try installing xp and see if it works their.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16406 by GrandpaTrout
You bring up an important issue. Has Anyone tried EoC with Windows Vista?

More
17 years 1 month ago #16407 by cambragol
Is anyone using windows Vista? I have almost got EoC working on Crossover on Linux. I am also looking forward to running it on a mac Virtual install of XP, once 3d acceleration is working

Anyways, I have heard of lots of incompatibilities with Vista so far, so sticking with XP might be your best bet.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16408 by Clgseed
Well i have not installed my xp yet so...
i really do hope somone can make a fix on vista it would be a bother to run two OS in my small hard disk :'(
Anyways i cant wait to play torn stars you guys rock!