I-WAR 1 problems

More
18 years 2 months ago #18717 by Gash
I-WAR 1 problems was created by Gash
Ok I've browsed many different forums and this one seems to be the better one for problems. I'm having issues running the game at all. In software mode it crashes after all the logos when it tries to load the menu, with them disabled it crashes immediately. I can get it to run in 3dfx mode with all the glide wrappers fine, but it always crashes after missions are complete. Haven't seen it crash mid mission or mid menu yet. Here's a rundown with what I've tried.

-Disabled direct draw: allows me to run in software mode, but the graphics are glitchy. Tried setting everything to 256 colors and that doesn't fix the graphics problems. And it still crashes after missions anyway.

-Set page file to 512: no change

-Disable Sound: no change

-Play in window: no change

I've tried these all independently, and all at the same time, to no avail. The only thing that kinda works is disabling direct draw. I don't mind if I have to play it software, I just want to play it without the graphic glitches and crashing every mission.

If there's anything else I haven't thought of I'd love to hear it.

Here's my system specs too if that helps:

4200+ dual core AMD
3 gigs RAM
GeForce 7800 GT 256meg
SB Audigy 1 (tried with mobo sound too just in case)

Running WinXP with dual core fix and SP2 both applied, and up to date with windowsupdate.com as well as all hardware drivers are up to date.

I would downgrade my video drivers, but the recommended versions to try don't support my video card.

On another note, I don't have DE, just the original. EOC works beautifully...but I'd like to play the first one, well, first. I will be getting DE soon, but I don't want to wait for the newer disks to start the story.

Thanks for any advice ahead of time. :)

-Gash

-Gash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14733 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic I-WAR 1 problems
I have not seen anyone post a solution to crashing after mission end. However, the game does get saved correctly. Which allows you to progress. Annoying. If you do find a solution, please post!

More
18 years 2 months ago #14736 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic I-WAR 1 problems
Yeah, it's very annoying when you don't beat the mission the 1st, 2nd, or 5th time. lol

-Gash

-Gash

More
18 years 2 months ago #14747 by Gash
Ok so I'm just dealing with crashing after every mission run...but I've got another problem.

I'm also using a Saitek x52 controller and with assested flight my lateral thrusts fire to compensate for flight adjustments, but when my flight has stabalized they don't stop firing, so I start shooting off in an oppsite slide.

If I move my throttle up and down through the middle zone it resets it so they fire again to recompensate, but again don't stop firing. So basically I have to constantly move my throttle back and forth over the dead zone repeatedly to level out totally.

I would rather have manual control of my lateral thrusters through one of the hat switches than the slider and rotary anyway, if anyone knows a way to change the way the game see's my axis's. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the game or the stick, but it works great with every other game I play with it.

-Gash

-Gash

More
18 years 2 months ago #14761 by Gash
Ok I figured out WHY the assisted flight problem exists, when my throttle isn't centered it keeps me in Lateral Thrust. When it's centered assisted flight works perfectly to bring me to a stop. I'm still having no luck figuring out why it's keeping lateral thrust on though.

-Gash

-Gash